Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What Video Editor do you use?

Hotwire

Join
Jun 25, 2017
Loc
Australia
I'm just a crude amateur at the video business but lately I've noticed how many new and free video editors there are now. I have used iMovie for years but it has a few limitations so I have tried a few free ones. The most liked, so far is Shotcut although there are plenty more up for the test.

VSDC free video editor is GREAT 4 vids & slideshows! Lightroom is great 4 slightly longer vids but its 270$ a year I think..........Windows movie maker is good for beginners as its simple and has cool features!

I edit video both professionally and for personal projects. I really enjoy editing using LumaFusion on my iPad for personal stuff.

I edit video both professionally and for personal projects. I really enjoy editing using LumaFusion on my iPad for personal stuff.
I also use LumaFusion on my iPad Mini 5 and am very happy with the results. It is very quick and intuitive to use.

It’s bit of a pain in the *** to get the videos onto the iPad initially, but that should become significantly easier when IOS 13 drops in the next couple of weeks. It will support direct access to storage devices such as card readers, memory sticks, etc.

I also use LumaFusion on my iPad Mini 5 and am very happy with the results. It is very quick and intuitive to use.

It’s bit of a pain in the *** to get the videos onto the iPad initially, but that should become significantly easier when IOS 13 drops in the next couple of weeks. It will support direct access to storage devices such as card readers, memory sticks, etc.
I’m running the iPadOS beta on my iPad. I really love it. With that said, you should be able to grab a Lightning to SD card reader and be good to go still! Those work in iOS 12. Until I picked one of those up, it was a lot of airdropping from my Mac to iPad.

I'm just a crude amateur at the video business but lately I've noticed how many new and free video editors there are now. I have used iMovie for years but it has a few limitations so I have tried a few free ones. The most liked, so far is Shotcut although there are plenty more up for the test.

iMovie for simple cuts/piece-togethers, Adobe After Effects for more in-depth projects. Just depends on what kind of programs you're used to using, if you're familiar with the Adobe suite of products already, After Effects is very easy to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit