Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What went wrong?

CenlaUAS

Join
Dec 29, 2018
During the really cold weather here in Louisiana, I was asked to take some aerial pictures of the ice and snow. Could not take off at first, assuming cold battery. Warmed battery up and when I took off, the Spark shot straight up. I do have a height limit set but I believe the Spark went past it though not sure. Battery was at 48% as this was my second flight of the day. No issues or warnings first flight. Here is the text file. I looked at it but do not fully understand.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-02-19_[10-11-07].txt
    64.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I uploaded the file: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It seems the drone only thought it got about 20 feet off the ground. I would assume it was a false reading of the atmospheric pressure due to the cold. (But I am not an expert.)

I see at the end you were using the CSC (Cross Stick Control) command, did this cause the drone to switch off and fall? How did it fair?

I uploaded the file: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It seems the drone only thought it got about 20 feet off the ground. I would assume it was a false reading of the atmospheric pressure due to the cold. (But I am not an expert.)

I see at the end you were using the CSC (Cross Stick Control) command, did this cause the drone to switch off and fall? How did it fair?
I gained control momentarily after it stopped its quick ascent. After a few moments it started to fly erratic and that’s when I used CSC command. The drone never shut off and made a hard landing in some grass. No visible damage. Haven’t flown since as I am wanting to find the cause of the erratic flight. I am wondering if it was a battery issue/reaction to the cold although I had flown previously in cold weather.

During the really cold weather here in Louisiana, I was asked to take some aerial pictures of the ice and snow. Could not take off at first, assuming cold battery. Warmed battery up and when I took off, the Spark shot straight up. I do have a height limit set but I believe the Spark went past it though not sure. Battery was at 48% as this was my second flight of the day. No issues or warnings first flight. Here is the text file. I looked at it but do not fully understand.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Upload this file to airdata.com and examine it

I gained control momentarily after it stopped its quick ascent. After a few moments it started to fly erratic and that’s when I used CSC command. The drone never shut off and made a hard landing in some grass. No visible damage. Haven’t flown since as I am wanting to find the cause of the erratic flight. I am wondering if it was a battery issue/reaction to the cold although I had flown previously in cold weather.
To me it appears to have been a battery issue probably due to it being partially depleted before taking off, made worse with the cold temps. Your log shows a voltage drop to below 3.3v per cell just a few seconds after takeoff. When the voltage is that low the drone will normally autoland immediately. If it manages to get below 3.0v per cell, the battery will turn itself off. Why the drone continued to gain altitude even though you had the throttle down, I'm not sure. The drone was acting as though it was doing a RTH but at that distance from the homepoint it should have landed where it was or rose at most 2.5m and returned to the HP. If the barometer was misreading that may explain it. Also noticed your VPS sensor altitude was sporadic but that might be related to the surface you were over.
sparkcells.png
Glad to hear no visible damage, I recommend doing a close inspection of the craft, checking all props, pins and motors for anything out of sorts, then afterwards complete an IMU calibration before the next flight.

Starting any flight with less than a fully charged battery is always a risk and cold temps can increase that risk. There's a great post over on PhantomPilots titled "DJI Batteries and Cold Weather . . ." if you're interested.

hello sir, my dji spark wifi ssid was not detected on dji assistain 2, and on my cellphone the wifi was not detected either, before that, after I changed it to the 5.8ghz frequency suddenly the wifi was not detected, I coa reset the wifi by holding the battery button, but there is no beep as usual, can anyone help, is the mainboard really damaged or can still be repaired ... thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210307_010403.jpg
    IMG_20210307_010403.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
hello sir, my dji spark wifi ssid was not detected on dji assistain 2, and on my cellphone the wifi was not detected either, before that, after I changed it to the 5.8ghz frequency suddenly the wifi was not detected, I coa reset the wifi by holding the battery button, but there is no beep as usual, can anyone help, is the mainboard really damaged or can still be repaired ... thanks
So just before changing over to 5.8GHz you were able to connect your cellphone to the Spark's wifi without issue?

If so, when you try to reset the wifi and there is no beep as usual, is the Spark already turned on and booted up before you start holding the power button in for 9 seconds to get the three beeps?

If that doesn't help I recommend starting a new thread with your issue so as many eyes will see it as possible.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Jadi sebelum beralih ke 5.8GHz Anda dapat menghubungkan ponsel Anda ke wifi Spark tanpa masalah?

Jika demikian, ketika Anda mencoba membaca ulang wifi dan tidak ada bunyi bip seperti biasa, apakah Spark sudah dinyalakan dan di-boot sebelum Anda mulai menahan tombol daya selama 9 detik untuk mendapatkan tiga bip?

[MEDIA = youtube] MwAVJSbO8Ek [/ MEDIA]

Jika itu tidak membantu, saya memeriksa untuk memulai utas baru dengan masalah Anda sehingga sebanyak mungkin mata akan melihatnya.
y
Jadi sebelum beralih ke 5.8GHz Anda dapat menghubungkan ponsel Anda ke wifi Spark tanpa masalah?

Jika demikian, ketika Anda mencoba mengatur ulang wifi dan tidak ada bunyi bip seperti biasa, apakah Spark sudah dinyalakan dan di-boot sebelum Anda mulai menahan tombol daya selama 9 detik untuk mendapatkan tiga bip?

[MEDIA = youtube] MwAVJSbO8Ek [/ MEDIA]

Jika itu tidak membantu, saya sarankan untuk memulai utas baru dengan masalah Anda sehingga sebanyak mungkin mata akan melihatnya.
Ya sebelumnya tidak ada masalah dengan 5.8ghz maupun 2.4ghz...

y

Ya sebelumnya tidak ada masalah dengan 5.8ghz maupun 2.4ghz...
If you've followed the steps correctly and are still not hearing any beeps at all, try this next if you have a SD card inserted. With the Spark turned off, remove the memory card from the drone and then boot the bird without it to see if that helps.

Jika Anda telah mengikuti langkah-langkah dengan benar dan masih tidak mendengar bunyi bip sama sekali, coba ini berikutnya jika Anda telah memasukkan kartu SD. Dengan Spark dimatikan, lepaskan kartu memori dari drone dan kemudian boot burung tanpa itu untuk melihat apakah itu membantu
Saya menyalakan tanpa micro sd, tapi tetap tidak berbunyi bip bip...

Saya menyalakan tanpa micro sd, tapi tetap tidak berbunyi bip bip...
Was hoping the SD card trick would work for you. Have you tried using another battery? Holding the button for six seconds will enable the Spark's wifi to your mobile but that won't help if it's not beeping at all. Have you tried re-flashing the Spark's firmware with the Assistant 2 software?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef