Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What's the best way to care for and store your spark batteries?

strobing_nyc

Join
Dec 25, 2017
Hey guys I know drone Valley just posted an hour long video about the spark batteries but I wanted to hear from other people out there about how they take care of their batteries and what's the best way to make them last the longest. Do you run each one down to 20% and then leave it there, and then charge the night before you're going to go flying?
Or do you charge all your batteries to 100% Forum in your bag and leave them there for a week or two?

I wouldn't worry much in storing the battery. It's a smart battery so it'll go into hibernation mode automatically when the power is low and have to fully charge it to wake it up. If you press the button and there's no light it's probably in hibernation.

I wouldn't worry much in storing the battery. It's a smart battery so it'll go into hibernation mode automatically when the power is low and have to fully charge it to wake it up.
Be careful with them. DJI batteries are known to turn into expensive bricks when leaving them unattended for many months.

The reason I posted is, I have 5 batteries total. One of them is been giving me major deviations on the third cell. It's been charged less then 10 times, and the only battery giving me an issue. Sometimes I will get a message from the DJI Go app saying the performance of the aircraft has been degraded to save battery performance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast