Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Where is it?

One more piece of advice I can give that should give you a LOT more confidence....at least it did for me...is to get drone insurance through State Farm! I pay $60 per year and am covered for $700, no questions asked. I could literally crash my Spark into the ocean and I'd get $700, no questions asked. Good luck!

One more piece of advice I can give that should give you a LOT more confidence....at least it did for me...is to get drone insurance through State Farm! I pay $60 per year and am covered for $700, no questions asked. I could literally crash my Spark into the ocean and I'd get $700, no questions asked. Good luck!
Depending on your state they count that as a home owners claim and will raise the price of future insurance even if you don't have home owners with them.

Depending on your state they count that as a home owners claim and will raise the price of future insurance even if you don't have home owners with them.

I specifically asked about this and they said it will never affect rates. It's a personal articles policy...separate from homeowners.

I specifically asked about this and they said it will never affect rates. It's a personal articles policy...separate from homeowners.
I think it varies by state. In most of Florida State Farm wont issue a homeowners policy but a personal article policy claim is counted like a home owners claim. So in my case a claim could raise or cause a non renewal from my home owners company. At least that's how my local State Farm agent explained it. In my case it wasn't worth the risk as our home owners insurance near the coast of Florida is already super expensive.

One more piece of advice I can give that should give you a LOT more confidence....at least it did for me...is to get drone insurance through State Farm! I pay $60 per year and am covered for $700, no questions asked. I could literally
I think it varies by state. In most of Florida State Farm wont issue a homeowners policy but a personal article policy claim is counted like a home owners claim. So in my case a claim could raise or cause a non renewal from my home owners company. At least that's how my local State Farm agent explained it. In my case it wasn't worth the risk as our home owners insurance near the coast of Florida is already super expensive.
My homeowners is kind of touchy and don’t offer much especially with the threat of a tentative claim. I put up great security cameras but they wouldn’t acknowledge any discount. Won’t hurt to ask but I noticed one rep says one thing and another says something else. I may just bite the bullet and but another @ 399,00 if I ever lose it. I was out to ball field earlier today. Boy the advice on the radar helps enormously as to location. One thing though. got home put sd card in reader to pc. Was able to view, play and even copy paste on hard drive. However I couldn’t delete the footage from sd card I know it will eventually overwrite..I did the format thing once and turned into nightmare.Think best to just allow card to fill...

That's B.S what are they going to do call your home owners company and say hey he lost a drone will you raise his rates!!!

Reactions: Hddeuce03
That's B.S what are they going to do call your home owners company and say hey he lost a drone will you raise his rates!!!

You don't think insurance companies share info with each other? They all share claim info regardless of the dollar amount.

Not saying in every state and with every company that it would cause a problem but claiming a drone that would only cost a few hundred to replace could cost alot more in rate increases over the 3 to 5 years they would count it against you. My agent could be wrong but it's something to consider.

You don't think insurance companies share info with each other? They all share claim info regardless of the dollar amount.

Not saying in every state and with every company that it would cause a problem but claiming a drone that would only cost a few hundred to replace could cost alot more in rate increases over the 3 to 5 years they would count it against you. My agent could be wrong but it's something to consider.

I agree with Kidroc. There is no way your homeowners rates could possibly be raised if you had a claim with State Farm drone insurance. It's a personal articles policy...completely separate from any homeowners policy. Hell, even if I did have homeowners insurance WITH State Farm, they would not raise the rates for a drone claim. Again, I was specifically told that by State Farm. Using your logic, I would have to worry about my homeowner insurance rates raising if I had a claim for an automobile accident. Simply doesn't happen that way.

Reactions: Kidroc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502