Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which flying advice do I follow?

SaigonDude

Join
May 3, 2019
That's my strategy as well.

The only problem following the FAA regulations is when they are contradictory, vague and in a constant state of flux. Then there's the federal, state and local rules often in conflict.

I wonder if over time the rules will become simplified or just impossibly complex and confounding.
If the FAA simplified the rules, they might not be in the clear, should a mishap occur.

I do my best to follow the rules and feel I am able to defend my judgement, and actions. The irresponsible ppl that land on the White House Lawn are the ones hurting the industry/hobby.

IMHO

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
If the FAA simplified the rules, they might not be in the clear, should a mishap occur.

I do my best to follow the rules and feel I am able to defend my judgement, and actions. The irresponsible ppl that land on the White House Lawn are the ones hurting the industry/hobby.

IMHO
I agree. We should all follow the rules "the best we can". That's a given.

There are hundreds of posts on this and other droning forums debating the Interpretation of the rules. That is powerful evidence they need to be clarified and/or simplified.

If rules aren't clear and aren't uniformly enforced there is chaos - and that benefits nobody.

Thank you for being a conscientious pilot - if everyone did the same this would not be such a problem.

SaigonDude

Join
May 3, 2019
I agree. We should all follow the rules "the best we can". That's a given.

There are hundreds of posts on this and other droning forums debating the Interpretation of the rules. That is powerful evidence they need to be clarified and/or simplified.

If rules aren't clear and aren't uniformly enforced there is chaos - and that benefits nobody.

Thank you for being a conscientious pilot - if everyone did the same this would not be such a problem.
Being the devil’s advocate, it is to the FAA’s advantage to NOT stipulate specific distances and measurements. They have a brigade of lawyers to clobber foolish pilots, and force a plea bargain. Hopefully, the ‘prudent man rule’ will prevail...ugh. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominus