Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Whoops....trees.

Transplant

Join
Feb 2, 2018
Loc
A wee small island in Canada
Due to weather and traveling, I hadn't flown my Spark in about 4 weeks. Sunday was a sunshiny day so decided to do some quick flights. Just had a small problem (pilot error).
Thought I lost my Spark, was prepared to go wading, but it all worked out.
Looking for a sunshade for my iPad mini...couldn't see a thing.
Of course, situational awareness is mandatory!

Reactions: KevinRussell
Yes, I totally agree. Visual awareness is key in this game. Trees help, just don’t block the uplink.
But not getting tangled in them, of course.
Great job keeping calm.

Due to weather and traveling, I hadn't flown my Spark in about 4 weeks. Sunday was a sunshiny day so decided to do some quick flights. Just had a small problem (pilot error).
Thought I lost my Spark, was prepared to go wading, but it all worked out.
Looking for a sunshade for my iPad mini...couldn't see a thing.
Of course, situational awareness is mandatory!
If you use a mount for your mini this is the way to go:

HOODMAN

hnhav1_2.jpg

They also make an extension but I haven't found that necessary. Hooks on with 3 straps and sits on the screen so it doesn't matter if you have a case or not.

Jake

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
MannyCAM2001: I wasn't that calm!

At first I thought the wee beast had come down, so was trying to figure out where it was on the ground, getting ready to walk through a snowy bog and wade a creek to find my injured flyer. And then I heard something overhead, looked up and there was the Spark starting to drop down from the 30m RTH altitude.
I had to replace 2 props but better than replacing the Spark.

lightbg: Not using a mount. I'll take a peek at the Hoodman and a mount. Thanks for the suggestion.

MannyCAM2001: I wasn't that calm!

At first I thought the wee beast had come down, so was trying to figure out where it was on the ground, getting ready to walk through a snowy bog and wade a creek to find my injured flyer. And then I heard something overhead, looked up and there was the Spark starting to drop down from the 30m RTH altitude.
I had to replace 2 props but better than replacing the Spark.

lightbg: Not using a mount. I'll take a peek at the Hoodman and a mount. Thanks for the suggestion.
Glad it all worked out. Lol
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe