Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Why does DJI Go 4 need to access nearly my entire device?

shegeek72

Join
Apr 20, 2018
I'm installing the DJI Go 4 app on my Nexus 9 (Android) tablet and am wondering why it needs to access so many things on the device? I can understand wifi and location, but why phone, photos/media/files, camera, microphone, device ID & call information, etc. I'm wondering is someone in China monitoring my audio and camera? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

beachcombing

Join
Jun 9, 2017
No one is monitoring your stuff.

It needs access to those things so that it can save the cached video and audio.

suprPHREAK

Join
Aug 1, 2017
When you are flying, the cached video is recording audio from your phone. Useful if you want to narrate your flight.

DameEdnaBrown

Join
Oct 22, 2017
I'm installing the DJI Go 4 app on my Nexus 9 (Android) tablet and am wondering why it needs to access so many things on the device? I can understand wifi and location, but why phone, photos/media/files, camera, microphone, device ID & call information, etc. I'm wondering is someone in China monitoring my audio and camera? :rolleyes:
You can bet on it

Rtristani

Join
Jun 10, 2018
Loc
Newport News, VA, USA
I was also under the impression that Go suspended phone calls while flying. Does anyone know for sure if this is correct? I had always that that was the reason it needed access to your phone.

suprPHREAK

Join
Aug 1, 2017
I was also under the impression that Go suspended phone calls while flying. Does anyone know for sure if this is correct? I had always that that was the reason it needed access to your phone.
I think calls will still come through, but your caller won't take over the screen, so you can still safely fly.

beachcombing

Join
Jun 9, 2017
This is not correct. Phone calls are not suspended.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchamera