Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Why does DJI Go 4 need to access nearly my entire device?

shegeek72

Join
Apr 20, 2018
I'm installing the DJI Go 4 app on my Nexus 9 (Android) tablet and am wondering why it needs to access so many things on the device? I can understand wifi and location, but why phone, photos/media/files, camera, microphone, device ID & call information, etc. I'm wondering is someone in China monitoring my audio and camera? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No one is monitoring your stuff.

It needs access to those things so that it can save the cached video and audio.

When you are flying, the cached video is recording audio from your phone. Useful if you want to narrate your flight.

Reactions: shegeek72
I'm installing the DJI Go 4 app on my Nexus 9 (Android) tablet and am wondering why it needs to access so many things on the device? I can understand wifi and location, but why phone, photos/media/files, camera, microphone, device ID & call information, etc. I'm wondering is someone in China monitoring my audio and camera? :rolleyes:
You can bet on it

I was also under the impression that Go suspended phone calls while flying. Does anyone know for sure if this is correct? I had always that that was the reason it needed access to your phone.

I was also under the impression that Go suspended phone calls while flying. Does anyone know for sure if this is correct? I had always that that was the reason it needed access to your phone.
I think calls will still come through, but your caller won't take over the screen, so you can still safely fly.

This is not correct. Phone calls are not suspended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme