Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Why OTG cable?

People who didnt experience video feedback lagging cannot, and will never, understand that OTG Cable is BETTER than wifi.
Once you experienced this lagging, you would never get back to wifi.

I don't see OTG cable as failure proponent as implied above. I have an old Galaxy S5 with cables that are probable that old too, the connectors on both components have not wear out.

If you are having no issues connecting one way or the other, then pick what you like or is easiest. As for me OTG cable gives me the better connection every time, if it was the other way, then I would use WIFI.

Use the setup that works better for you and don't get frustrated what others do, the information can be valuable in the future if you change setups.
You say you don’t see it as a failure proponent? Based on what? Your 15 minutes of experience? I had a bad experience yesterday flying an Inspire 2 with a $5000 LOKI attacment and came close to loosing it due to a bad connection at the iPad tablet lightning connection due to wear. I had to continuously recconnect the cable to control the drone, just happened to be high winds to complicate things. How many times has a wifi connection worn out due to wear? NEVER!!!

Hi Bob. You sound like a smart *** that would probably do whatever he wanted no matter how I tried to explain myself. So no, I will not explain my post to you.
Your lack of an explaination is explanation enough for me, you provide no sound argument for the use of an OTG cable connection. You want to call me names? Go ahead

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaking, we don't own the airspace above our property. Whether you have 1 square foot or 20 acres, the same rules apply...

In the US, a court ruled that one owns the airspace on one's property up to the height of the tallest building.

Reactions: Bob Radford
You say you don’t see it as a failure proponent? Based on what? Your 15 minutes of experience? I had a bad experience yesterday flying an Inspire 2 with a $5000 LOKI attacment and came close to loosing it due to a bad connection at the iPad tablet lightning connection due to wear. I had to continuously recconnect the cable to control the drone, just happened to be high winds to complicate things. How many times has a wifi connection worn out due to wear? NEVER!!!
Your lack of an explaination is explanation enough for me, you provide no sound argument for the use of an OTG cable connection. You want to call me names? Go ahead

A come back 2000 years later : -) to overtake people comments you don't like WOW you really know how do it. Go fly your drone is more relaxing but if you still feel like venting then you missed some really good postings above that also disagree with your rationale but you must read the entire tread for that.
...some examples:
Hi Bob. You sound like a smart *** that would probably do whatever he wanted no matter how I tried to explain myself. So no, I will not explain my post to you.
- you already got this one, making some 'good' impressions around here.
People who didnt experience video feedback lagging cannot, and will never, understand that OTG Cable is BETTER than wifi.
Once you experienced this lagging, you would never get back to wifi.

Reactions: Hddeuce03

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers