Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wi Fi Connection

Jangles

Join
Feb 20, 2018
After I get a connection with my I pad mini 2 with the otg cable should I turn off wifi since I'm connected with the cable? I fired everything up in the house and got solid green gps connection.

You should definitely turn off Bluetooth. If you have no reason to use Wi-Fi, then it would be okay to turn that off too.

Reactions: Mattazz
You should definitely turn off Bluetooth. If you have no reason to use Wi-Fi, then it would be okay to turn that off too.
Thank you for the reply, BT is always off, I was getting a message to turn off BT and said wifi in area fly with caution, I can't fly today as it's snowing here in CO I've been flying with wifi on while using otg, is that redundant?

is that redundant?
Yes. You're not using Wi-Fi since the remote controller is connected to your mobile device via a cable.

Yes. You're not using Wi-Fi since the remote controller is connected to your mobile device via a cable.
Well that's good to know, should I start out with wifi on till the spark connects then after I plug in cable turn wifi off or should I start from scratch with wifi turned off?
Thanks again!

Start with WIFI turned off. I also have an iPad mini 2 and I always turn off WIFI before starting anything else, then plug OTG cable.

Well that's good to know, should I start out with wifi on till the spark connects then after I plug in cable turn wifi off or should I start from scratch with wifi turned off?
Since the remote controller and Spark are not using the Wi-Fi, it would be okay to turn it off before powering on your Spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar