Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

WiFi from RC is not visible

Ophiel

Join
Oct 16, 2019
I have a spark and a RC.
RC connect to spark with WiFi - it`s OK.
My phone connect to RC with cable OTG- it`s OK.
I want to connect a tablet Samsung to the RC.
I have a problem with connect with cable OTG.
I want to connect with WiFi but when i start a spark and RC controler the WiFi from RC is not visible.
When I manual want to connect I have a problem with authorisation.
What is wrong ?

Two questions:
1) is the Samsung tablet you want to use listed on DJI's compatibility list?
2) did you install the Go4 app on the tablet like you did with your phone?

Two questions:
1) is the Samsung tablet you want to use listed on DJI's compatibility list?
2) did you install the Go4 app on the tablet like you did with your phone?
1) my Samsung tablet isn`t on the list.
2)yes I install Go4 app

This may be redundant, but you may need to do this (for Android phone, tablet may vary slightly):

-Open SETTINGS on phone
-Open ABOUT PHONE/SOFTWARE INFO/BUILD NUMBER, rapidly tap 7 times to access DEVELOPER OPTIONS, enter PIN if prompted
-Return to SETTINGS menu, tap DEVELOPER OPTIONS
-Under DEBUGGING, enable USB DEBUGGING
under NETWORKING, tap USB CONFIGURATION, select MTP, exit SETTINGS

Turn off WiFi, enable AIRPLANE mode

1. Turn Spark on
2. Turn RC on - wait for green light showing linked to drone
3. Plug OTG cable into phone
4. Plug OTG cable into RC - should auto-load Go4

I do everything and when I connect Samsung to RC - Dji Go4 is load but appear message: Open DJI go 4 when this USB accesory is connected.
This message is active for 1 second and disappear and appears and disappears.
I can`t do anything.
It seems to me that WiFi from RC must be visible anytime ?

Prior to flying my Spark, I turn my phone's WiFi off, ensure Bluetooth is off, and turn on Airplane Mode. I turn the RC on first, then the Spark and wait for them to link (RC light turns green), then I connect my phone (which is already turned on) to the RC by OTG and it automatically loads Go4.

The only time I reconnect to my phone to my home WiFi is to check for firmware or software updates. The rest of the time, WiFi is disabled on my phone. The Go4 app sounds like it's trying to load when you connect the phone to the remote via OTG cable, but something might be interrupting the successful connection.

Spark communicates with the RC via WiFi, but that is a separate and special connection not to be confused with any WiFi signal and your phone/tablet when using OTG.

I understand that WiFi from RC is separate to special connection from phone connected.
But I first connect phone with OTG and I buy a tablet Samsung and want to connect to cable OTG but I have problem with this connection and decided to connect with WiFi. But WiFI from RC is not visible.
And manual connect to WIFi is not possible because I have a alarm : Authorisation wrong.

I have been presuming that you want to use your Samsung tablet to connect to your RC rather than a cell phone, not both at the same time. Is this correct?

This link discusses issues with getting Go 4 app to run on various phones/tablets. It's from 2017, but still relevant:

The reason your device may not run Go4 app

Last edited:
I recently wanted to see if my older Lenovo TAB 2 tablet would work with my Spark (the tablet is not on the DJI list of compatibles). I installed the Go 4 app on it, then configured it:

-Open SETTINGS on tablet
-Open ABOUT/SOFTWARE INFO/BUILD NUMBER, rapidly tap 7 times to access DEVELOPER OPTIONS, enter PIN if prompted
-Return to SETTINGS menu, tap DEVELOPER OPTIONS
-Under DEBUGGING, enable USB DEBUGGING
under NETWORKING, tap USB CONFIGURATION, select MTP, exit SETTINGS

The rest of the setup was the same procedure as when using my Galaxy S6 Edge+:

Turn off tablet WiFi, enable AIRPLANE mode

1. Turn Spark on
2. Turn RC on - wait for green light showing linked to drone
3. Plug OTG cable into tablet
4. Plug OTG cable into RC - should auto-load Go4

Worked like a champ...sort of. Screen resolution and latency were disappointing compared to the cell phone, but it did work though not as well as I was hoping. If your tablet still doesn't work after following the above procedure, I don't know what else to try. Maybe someone else reading this thread can come up with another idea.

If you set your tablet WiFi to Off and turned Airplane mode On, that would likely explain why you can't link to the RC from the tablet by WiFi. To connect via WiFi, you need to select the WiFi link to the RC from your tablet's WiFi connection options. OTG would be the better option if it can be made to work.

You said you were having a problem with connecting the tablet to the RC via OTG. Can you describe the problem?

Reactions: nilanjan118
When I connect Samsung to RC - Dji Go4 is load but appear message: Open DJI go 4 when this USB accesory is connected.
This message is active for 1 second and disappear and appears and disappears.
I can`t do anything.

Tell me one thing:
Is the WiFi from RC always visible?
I have connect a smartphone and I want to connect different smartphone but I do not see the WiFi from RC.

I tried an experiment: leaving OTG disconnected, I turned the RC on, turned phone on and disabled Airplane mode. I then long-tapped the WiFi icon to see a list of possible connections and chose the "Spark-RC-68f5f0". Under that selection says, "internet may not be available". I then turned Spark on and waited for the RC green light to indicate the drone and RC were linked. I returned to my phone's main page and opened the DJI Go 4 app and saw a little green dot in the lower left corner of the screen that says "Connected" and a "Go Fly" message in the lower right part of the screen ( had 9 satellites indicated). I tapped "Go Fly" to get to my flying screen and saw I have a WiFi 5.8G connection displayed. Camera is working and at this point, I would be able to fly using the cell phone, but I'm inside and don't want to fly.

I then turned the Spark off, exited Go 4, turned off WiFi on my phone, enabled Airplane mode, turned Spark on, waited for the green light to establish link from RC to Spark. I then connected the OTG cable from RC to phone and got a screen message saying, "Open DJI GO 4 when this USB accessory is connected?" and I can choose "OK or Cancel". There is also a box (circle) I could check to "Use by default for this USB accessory" if I wanted to automatically open the Go 4 app by simply plugging-in the OTG cable. When that message pops us, you have to make an "OK" or "Cancel" choice. When I go to the flying screen, I see that I have a WiFi 5.8G signal. So, to answer your question, yes WiFi is visible whether using OTG cable or not, which is how the RC and drone communicate.

Reactions: RotorWash
I have a visible wifi from RC- it`s named Spark-RC-44b123 and when I want to connect to this WIFI enter a pass 12341234 I have a notice- Authorisation wrong - password not OK. I dont now why the pass is not OK?

Another problem:
I switch ON spark and RC- when a LED is green I connect cable OTG to phone and then i have a info on DJI GO 4 : Swithc WLAN settings bla bla. ( screen with info )and LED on RC is RED.
I must wait a several seconds and connect return , LED is green and Go FLY is enabled.
I am from Poland.
Screenshot_2019-11-10-15-40-56-632_dji.go.v4.pngScreenshot_2019-11-10-15-41-17-184_dji.go.v4.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast