Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will active track work for model helicopter

jmac

Join
Jan 4, 2019
Loc
Australia
Hi guys,

I've been trying to video my husbands model helicopter with my spark, which is very difficult since the helicopter flys pretty fast. Does anyone know if it would work using the active track function on the spark?

Reactions: BrianP
Hi guys,

I've been trying to video my husbands model helicopter with my spark, which is very difficult since the helicopter flys pretty fast. Does anyone know if it would work using the active track function on the spark?
sorry, don't know the answer but am very interested to follow this thread. Good Luck!

Actually I just tried it and it didn't work. The drone just couldn't keep the heli in the tracking field. Back to the drawing board. ?
I had the same problem trying to film model planes. They just go way too fast.

• Wow
Actually I just tried it and it didn't work. The drone just couldn't keep the heli in the tracking field. Back to the drawing board. ?
I had the same problem trying to film model planes. They just go way too fast.
keep at it! You will crack it!!! I guess almost head on shots would work but I'm guessing you want a profile track. I have mounted a camera on the roof of a rc car for similar stuff. Keep the faith!

Yeah I can follow it a bit just by flying after it but the drone is too slow in normal mode and in sport mode it is impossible to film. Maybe I need to improve my flying more.

• Haha
Very dicey as the target usually needs to be quite large, slowly, and also contrast well against the background.
Sounds like you need to be in Sports mode too for speed, so not an option there.
Mostly active track is used to film people walking, running, riding a bike, or vehicles on the ground going reasonably slowly . . . works fine for kayaks / boats on water too.
Probably best to practice sports mode flying and / or ask hubby to fly in front of your Spark a bit more cooperatively :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme