Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will the Mavic Air replace the Spark

Is there a way to watch the unavailing live?

Dave

If this makes the spark come down in price I'd buy another spark. Totally happy with the spark for getting aerials to add to my videos. At less than $400 now and probably more like $300 to $250 once this comes out I would buy more batteries and another spark. Less $ to lose when something goes wrong. I get great range with mine and have it set up offline with a wifi phone as a standalone setup. The risk to get a good shot vs. what a drone costs has a definite impact on what I would choose.

Found the other part of the leaked picture if anyone reads Chinese ;-)

mavic_air_0012d5-66fe6.jpg

If this makes the spark come down in price I'd buy another spark. Totally happy with the spark for getting aerials to add to my videos. At less than $400 now and probably more like $300 to $250 once this comes out I would buy more batteries and another spark. Less $ to lose when something goes wrong. I get great range with mine and have it set up offline with a wifi phone as a standalone setup. The risk to get a good shot vs. what a drone costs has a definite impact on what I would choose.

+1 I'll be buying another just to try out things we aren't allowed to speak about in this forum. Open Source!

Depends how much people wish to part with their cash for it to replace the spark as such i guess? Its going to be a grand i would have thought.

Keep the spark for riskier flying situations. What that might be I don't know. Perhaps flying full speed through trees, or just above ocean waves.

: )

The
Ce-scarabee-s-oriente-grace-aux-contrastes-de-la-Voie-Lactee_width1024.jpg

don't get me wrong, the Mavic Air will outperform the spark but i have quite a phobic reaction to the air's formfactor

Yep, It's the optimal shape for a quad copter, it helps keep the props out of the cameras view, but is also an excellent shape for stability. Of all the quadcopters ever built with this bug like shape, the TBS Discovery frame configuration IMO is still one of the best airframes for FPV because of it's all around stable flight behavior and being able to rapidly descend smoothly like a fixed wing aircraft.

8e4c063317e3325c43c69b29b8d3071c--quadrocopter-drones.jpg

Link please?

It's only for vip status customers who have spent over 10k usd on DJI Products , aviscomi has done that ;)

New drones are given free for beta testing ;)

I've changed my mind I think there will be a Mavic 2 unveiled today, the Adventure unfolds video shows a AC with a much sleeker and aerodynamic arm, with a large vent.

I can't reconcile this with the images we have so far

After watching the unveiling, I'm more apt to think it will replace the Mavic Pro. I wouldn't even consider one now.

IMHO. It's not meant to replace the Spark. The biggest complaint of the Mavic Pro from its user base was the size of the thing and cumbersome of traveling with it. The Mavic Pro was also cutting into their Phantom sales. The price point and features of the Mavic Air is targeted to Mavic Pro buyers and satisfying the size concern. I predict prices for the Spark to remain the same or come down only slightly where the price for Mavic Pro will go down and eventually phased out by DJI. Keep in mind the Mavic Air utilizing WiFi for its video transmission - we all know how that is. So Mavic Pro will still have its core followers and will still command a lower but fair price in the pre-owned market.

Yeah, I’m not gonna rush to get this when it uses WiFi. My Mavic has never let me down, and neither has my Spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis