Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will the Mavic Air replace the Spark

lannes

Join
Jul 28, 2017
Here is a photo I found on the internet,

The cutaway section in the promo video matches the midsection of the photo.
The Air must be the size of a Spark as the engines look very familiar

mavic air.jpg

This photo must be the real Mavic Air, as the DJI Moderators on the DJI forum have deleted all my posts there

Reactions: Lolo780
I wonder if it will be quieter as I was looking to upgrade to the Mavic pro plat. But if this one is quieter, then it is a game changer.

Multiple different photos appearing now across all the forums on facebook and product boxes too.

"DJI Aerial photography now portable" "32MP panorama" "Folding portable" "Metaphysical perception of the environment" "4K" "Hand shot" is on the box in Chinese

Depends how much people wish to part with their cash for it to replace the spark as such i guess? Its going to be a grand i would have thought.

You then way up the shortened flight time but portable over the Mavic Pro/platinum when price range is similar?

I post the same reply here as I posted over on the Mavic forum:

"I'm okay with it as long as it does NOT use wifi and has a wired connection to the RC"

Reactions: s2 Web Parrot
I post the same reply here as I posted over on the Mavic forum:

"I'm okay with it as long as it does NOT use wifi and has a wired connection to the RC"

This ^

As for pricing. I think this will be about £800.
Interesting to note that it has rear avoidance sensors.

Ebay is about to be flooded with Sparks! I’ll be keeping mine though. Like @aviscomi above, I’ll wait to see the transmission system before making a decision.

This ^

As for pricing. I think this will be about £800.
Interesting to note that it has rear avoidance sensors.

Ebay is about to be flooded with Sparks! I’ll be keeping mine though. Like @aviscomi above, I’ll wait to see the transmission system before making a decision.
I will keep my Spark even though I don't fly it very often. I'm kinda a gadget guy. Though I am of the opinion that DJI should off the current Spark owners some sort of "trade-in" allowance towards whatever this new thing is.

Here are a few more leaked photos:

3.jpg 4.jpeg

Saw this on a Chinese website and they also mentioned that it may use wifi. :(

Hmmm, the last pic gives a better perspective of size. I wonder just like DJI did with the Mavic vs. Karma (even though the Karma wasn't a serious challenge) they are doing the same thing against Autel's EVO.

I seriously doubt its going to replace the Spark. As I've stated in other threads DJI needs to keep an entry level drone which the Spark fits the bill.

IMO, its going to replace the Mavic Pro as the "flagship" Mavic. The Pro will drop some in price and be offered as the "entry level" Mavic. The Air will be the new top-of-the-line Mavic. Seems like they are following the Apple naming nomenclature.

And I too as a gadget guy will probably pick one up just because. I don't see myself selling my Spark as that last pic shows the Mavic Air to be a larger drone...

Here are a few more leaked photos:

View attachment 3001 View attachment 3002

Last edited:
If it does use WiFi it would be a mistake IMO, but I can't see that happening.

My personal thoughts.
I relly love Mavic 's product design. I was inspired by it and developed wrap. Spark was not so cool, but I managed to be so cool it with wrap. However, if this picture is really Mavic AIR (Probably so, I think), I do not feel anything to do now. Everyone here does not care about things other than specs?

Thanks for sharing these pics. That looks like a nice design, I'm guessing the feet will fold as well so as to turn it into a completely flat and white (the back of the rear legs is probably white too) "brick" when folded.

The big specs questions are :
- battery life ?
- occusync ?
- 3D gimbal ? Not obvious from that picture ?

I for one can't see myself upgrading my Spark as I'm more limited by the rules/weather than either of these 3 items. Well a 3G gimbal would be nice for video in sports mode I suppose.

Thanks for sharing these pics. That looks like a nice design, I'm guessing the feet will fold as well so as to turn it into a completely flat and white (the back of the rear legs is probably white too) "brick" when folded.

The big specs questions are :
- battery life ?
- occusync ?
- 3D gimbal ? Not obvious from that picture ?

I for one can't see myself upgrading my Spark as I'm more limited by the rules/weather than either of these 3 items. Well a 3G gimbal would be nice for video in sports mode I suppose.
The photo of the poster has '21' in the bottom right corner. I think that'll be the flight time. If that's the case then it suggests this is intended to sit between the Spark and the Mavic in the product line up. My prediction is that the spark combo price will drop to £499 or £599, the Mavic air at £799 with controller, (£899 fly more combo), and the Mavic Pro will be £999 standard price.

Hmmm, the last pic gives a better perspective of size. I wonder just like DJI did with the Mavic vs. Karma (even though the Karma wasn't a serious challenge) they are doing the same thing against Autel's EVO.

I seriously doubt its going to replace the Spark. As I've stated in other threads DJI needs to keep an entry level drone which the Spark fits the bill.

IMO, its going to replace the Mavic Pro as the "flagship" Mavic. The Pro will drop some in price and be offered as the "entry level" Mavic. The Air will be the new top-of-the-line Mavic. Seems like they are following the Apple naming nomenclature.

And I too as a gadget guy will probably pick one up just because. I don't see myself selling my Spark as that last pic shows the Mavic Air to be a larger drone...

With that gimbal, I don't think it will replace the Mavic.

It will be usd 699 and sit between the 399 Spark and the 999 Mavic Pro

5.jpg 6.jpg

Reactions: Lastrexking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis