Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

will this phone work with a Spark

EMANUEL S VACCARO

Join
Jul 15, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
my smart phone is a ZTE MODEL Z955L , android version 5.1 ( no 5.8 g ) . will it work with a Spark ? . i wanted a smaller quad to carry with me when i go to our RC field or go upstate . i know i can down load the D J I app but is it a fit and what won't i be able to do and what are the drawbacks if any .i know that 2.4 g is a better way to connect with the Spark in flight . but from what i understand you need 5.8 g for full functions . i am getting a Spark at a good price but i have s number of drones and i really don't want to get another drone to sit in the case and i don't want to buy a new phone that cost the price of a new mavic .
any help would be appreciated .
thank you

Reactions: graywoulf
I'm in a similar situation and have gotten mixed answers...I have a ZTE Max2, with similar specs, and also no dual band.

What I have been told is that the device does not need to have phone service though, so we won't necessarily need to spend a lot of money to get a more compatible device...I've seen several on the "approved list" that can be bought for around $100.

I haven't tried my ZTE phone yet...Just got my FlyMore pack and still have not opened it...

Without 5.8G would be a pain if you don't plan to use an OTG cable.

I didn't even read your question, or specs of phone. If it's Android, buy Apple. If it's Apple, then yes it will work

I have a ZTE model Z978GL and model Z558VL . Both work well for everything except phone video capture and output to the screen. The recorded video on the drone SD card is great. If you slow the drone down and wait for a while between starting and stopping the video the phone video capture is not great but OK. Both phones have a 1.1 gig rate processor so I think some thing is running in backround that causes the video break up. Live video is great on both phones. I have had it out to 800 feet and the video seems to be in sync with the drone.

Reactions: mano

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast