Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Winter Wonderland!

Chrislaf

Join
Oct 12, 2017
Loc
ON, Canada
Haven't been able to fly for a week or so as we have had lots of rain and high winds, but the last couple of days have been colder (below 0ºC )with some dustings of snow. Yesterday the snow coated all of the trees making it look like a Winter Wonderland. Here are a few shots.

View attachment TinyPlanet Panorama 1 Arbour Tract ruins.jpg

This is a 360º TinyPlanet pano, shot overtop of some building ruins on Wednesday. I wanted to drop the Spark down more so the ruins would be more prominent but there are tall trees growing inside the ruins so this was not possible. In the summer you can't see the ruins at all even from the ground.

Fox Farm Rd.jpg

Snowy landscape (shot yesterday Nov. 7/19).

View attachment TinyPlanet Panorama 2 Fox Farm Rd-Edit.jpg

360º TinyPlanet of same area as above shot.

I'm looking forward to the snow, and freeze up of the local lakes and rivers. Makes for some nice photo opportunities.

Chris

"cool" shot Chris, love the tinyplanets! Got some of that snow today but don't think it will hang around for long with warmer temps and rain on the way. Nice to read your enthusiasm for winter shots!

Reactions: sharps45
"cool" shot Chris, love the tinyplanets! Got some of that snow today but don't think it will hang around for long with warmer temps and rain on the way. Nice to read your enthusiasm for winter shots!
Thanks.
Yes, it’s getting warmer here too and much of the snow that fell yesterday is already gone. It’s calling for warmer temps next week. Usually this is the time of year that we have the snow that sticks to and coats the trees. Once winter takes hold there are few opportunities to get shots like these.

Chris

looks like a nice place to deer hunt ?

Lovely shots. All you Canadians and Americans are so lucky to get that little sprinkling of snow. We have heavy rain and non-stop high wind and have done for weeks. No chance to get up and I’m waiting to do a compass calibration too! Heating on though and our day started at —0.5C this morning with keen frost.

looks like a nice place to deer hunt ?
Not sure about deer but partridge yes. This old road/trail seems to be a favourite place for dirt bike riding.

Chris

Lovely shots. All you Canadians and Americans are so lucky to get that little sprinkling of snow. We have heavy rain and non-stop high wind and have done for weeks. No chance to get up and I’m waiting to do a compass calibration too! Heating on though and our day started at —0.5C this morning with keen frost.

Thanks.
Yes, I do consider us lucky. We have 4 distinct seasons and all of them are beautiful. However, winter flying can be challenging - keeping batteries warm, and fingers and toes. The day I took the pictures it was around - 3C and my hands and feet got cold.

Chris

Sorry Chrislaf ! Misunderstanding because you spoke about 'hunting'...
In spring we have 'hunted' fawns in high grass to protect them from mowingmachines.
Hopefully you will find deers to shoot by Sparkys cam and post them here !
Sorry again.

Sorry Chrislaf ! Misunderstanding because you spoke about 'hunting'...
In spring we have 'hunted' fawns in high grass to protect them from mowingmachines.
Hopefully you will find deers to shoot by Sparkys cam and post them here !
Sorry again.
No apologies necessary. There are lots of hunters in the area where I live but mostly for birds like partridge, ducks, wild turkey's and pheasants and I have no problem with them hunting as long as they follow the rules and handle their guns safely. At this time of year I do have to be more careful flying my Spark or P3S as many places I fly are also hunting areas when the season is open so wearing orange clothing is recommended. I would love to be able to film or take aerials of deer but I think the noise of the Spark would scare them away long before I even saw them.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme