Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

worth buying spark 2020 or mini

Join
Jan 19, 2020
I am new to this drone world, and I am hesitant to buy a spark or a mini, both in fly more combo at 499 dollars, do you think it is worth buying the spark?

Is the battery and the resolution of the camera a problem? for spark

Spark has waaaay more features, a lot more veratile and built like a tank. Mini has a longer battery, 3 axis gimbal and at the beginning of DJIs support cycle.

With the Fly More I’ve never had to stop flying my Spark because I was out of gas. I have both and enjoy them both but don’t buy into the notion that the Mini is more portable. It’s not. Either way your packing a case (because you MUST use an RC to fly the Mini). There is a Hermit Shell case for the spark to hold your AC and extra batteries that makes the Spark more portable than the Mini if you’re not planning on flying far away and up high missions and will fly with your phone or Gesture Control (lite a trip to the park, a golf course, the beach with friends, site seeing, etc.)

In the end, it’s a matter of preference

Attachments

• B3CBB5FF-9627-4602-AB94-FF52D2EF1B93.jpeg
    B3CBB5FF-9627-4602-AB94-FF52D2EF1B93.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 73CF8BD3-B0DA-41A3-BB55-5D764D9E793A.jpeg
    73CF8BD3-B0DA-41A3-BB55-5D764D9E793A.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 45
And of course, you always have the option to pack your Spark remote if you want to — but don’t have to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
If you're into free style flying, Mini is the better choice I think. Longer battery time and further controller range.

If you rely heavily on waypoint, Mini has no support yet... so Spark would be better in this area. Then again, Spark's 2-axis gimbal shows its limitation on maneuvering during a waypoint flight. You'll get that jagged non-smooth movement. So I suggest you pick Mavic Air instead.

Reactions: Chrisfergusson
Another consideration in favor of the mini is that, although I don’t expect to be flying my spark in three years from now, if the FAA continues on its path, it may be that Spark is either not able to fly beyond 400 feet from you or not worth flying after considering possible necessary retrofits and third-party RID service providers.

Only time I miss the 3 axis gimbal is high speed maneuvers while filming. With all the hiking and filming I do, portability is a must.

I my self would go with a spark my 2 sons have sparks and 1yr later no probs I started with the spark getting back Into drones know I fly a zoom. It seem like there's lots of problems with the mini I'd wait till all the bugs are out like a yr or so

@Huntman2014 what do you consider best
Well, it can depend on what your looking for. if you are looking to make more video/photos and you want a little bit higher quality the Mavic mini has that. the mini has a 2.7k resoulution and the spark gives out standard 1080P. in terms of price the mini is slightly cheaper. However if you are new to drone flying and would like something that is very easy to setup learn and take with you, I would reccomend the spark. overall i prefer the spark for the reasons i just stated, the camera quality differnce wont be that big whatsoever and we would love to have you here on the Spark forums! Happy flyng Chris fergusson! :cool: ?

If you're into free style flying, Mini is the better choice I think. Longer battery time and further controller range.

If you rely heavily on waypoint, Mini has no support yet... so Spark would be better in this area. Then again, Spark's 2-axis gimbal shows its limitation on maneuvering during a waypoint flight. You'll get that jagged non-smooth movement. So I suggest you pick Mavic Air instead.
the mavic air is twice as much as the mavic mini from what i know thoguh.

Resistant? I don't think any DJI drones are water resistant if that's what you mean. I just feel the spark is a way better drone overall. Just read how many mini's have had issues and the check out the spark. The Mini is new with slot of issues. The spark is tried and true

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex