Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Yet again a failure to get anything resolved

Does anyone think this is right? Keep in mind this is the third time i have contacted them and was same thing each time

Perhaps the receiver on the Drone is faulty, did you get to try with a different RC/Mobile? I know range using a mobile device is really restricted compared to the RC

Does anyone think this is right? Keep in mind this is the third time i have contacted them and was same thing each time
Are you using a RC ? If not, it is limited to 100 meters distance.
Are you using a RC only (no GO4 app connected), then it is also distance limited.
Beginner mode set ?
A distance limit set in the app ?

Capture41.PNG

Are you using a RC ? If not, it is limited to 100 meters distance.
Are you using a RC only (no GO4 app connected), then it is also distance limited.
Beginner mode set ?
A distance limit set in the app ?

View attachment 809
Using rc and device with dji go 4 all firmware updated beginner mode off

Is it exactly 150 meters or sometimes 145 and 155 another times. If it is always the same number, it is a fence from the app.
Did you tried some other location ? I have been sometimes in city limited to maybe 300 meters where in open field I can go up to 1000 meters (CE mode).
At 150 meters distance, can you climb to 100 meters altitude ?
If you have anything else with you using wifi or bluetooth, you can try to turn them off. On your device you should also disable bluetooth.
Last possibility would be to uninstall the GO4 app and delete all files after you sync all your flight records and then reinstall it.
Other possibility is to refresh the firmware of the Spark using the DJI assistant 2.
See DJI Spark Accessories & Tips - Spark Help, section Firmware.

Wow what kind of support answer is that?? I think you get more suggestions on this thread! Seeing that chat really is disappointing from DJI.

Anyway, I would suggest resetting everything and start from there. So reset spark connection (push power button 9 sec) and reconnect step by step.
Maybe something is wrong in the installs and/or setup.

And I think everyone has mentioned this:
-disable all bluetooth from watches, phones, wife's phones, friends' phones, or whoever nearby.
-check maximum distance setting in the app
-check beginner mode
-try in another location

If all fails, I would return it. I think the drone or the rc is faulty.

Sorry about the poor response, it has been reported.

Please do as lancelot suggested.. I would also like to see how you have the antennas oriented as well. Can you post a picture of how you usually fly with them?

Thought about going down the OTG route??
Its possible that your own phone wifi could be blinding out the controller's wifi.

If flying above me i have antennas flat. If flying distance from me i have them at 45 deg with the flats facing drone. Not the tips

Wow what kind of support answer is that?? I think you get more suggestions on this thread! Seeing that chat really is disappointing from DJI.

Anyway, I would suggest resetting everything and start from there. So reset spark connection (push power button 9 sec) and reconnect step by step.
Maybe something is wrong in the installs and/or setup.

And I think everyone has mentioned this:
-disable all bluetooth from watches, phones, wife's phones, friends' phones, or whoever nearby.
-check maximum distance setting in the app
-check beginner mode
-try in another location

If all fails, I would return it. I think the drone or the rc is faulty.
Everything you suggested has been done multiple times [emoji20]
Sorry about the poor response, it has been reported.

Please do as lancelot suggested.. I would also like to see how you have the antennas oriented as well. Can you post a picture of how you usually fly with them?

Do you have anyone near with iOS device? I have a weird feeling that this is to do with your phone?

When i took it to a dji shop he tried on his latest model i phone and still the same thing so i know its not the device

Can you not apply for warranty case in that dji shop ?
You have done already a lot of troubleshooting.
What would remains is reflashing firmwares in RC and Spark, uninstall totally Go4 app, delete all related folders and reinstall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast