Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Yet another form of 'landing gear' for the Spark

David Almond

Join
May 29, 2017
Loc
Media, PA
Looks like they snap onto the arms, similar to the prop guards.

I wonder what the affect is of those large units on the Sparks prop "efficiency"? Would seem to alter the downward force of the airflow. I also wonder how they affect handling in moderate winds...

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on this one. I saw another youtube video where I guy had these Styrofoam pads hanging off prop guards. That looked better.

Bought these landing gear off eBay and they work well in grass area. It also didn't seem to affect the battery of copter in a negative way. They clip on and come off easy.

s-l1600.jpg

I don't really see the point in any type of landing gear... I hand launch and land every time I fly and it is super easy with the small size of the spark. To each his drone though.

How many hand launches and recoveries does it take before you stop fearing that the blades are going to cut your fingers off :) ?

Well, I once started in the grass and it blocked the rotors, Craft seemed to be grounded. But then I tried to lift it, the motors ran again and eventually hit my fingers. Hurts, but no blood, nothing cut off ;)

20160328_125443-1.jpg 20160328_125459-1.jpg
My solo did this to me a while ago and I still prefer to hand launch and land the spark. It's nice to be able to trust the spark.

wow, that looks like it hurt!

So the Spark didn't cut your fingers at all? That's good to hear. Still, I want to keep my fingers attached. I'm wondering if someday we look with amazement that we did this in the same way that I look back and remember playing Jarts in the backyard!

I bought this sometime ago for my other drones, and admittedly its a bit huge for the Spark, but it works for the Spark too. Amazon.com: Hoodman Drone Launch Pad (3 ft. Diameter): Camera & Photo

I'm not a big fan of hand catching any drone let alone "palm" catching my Spark where its balancing on your palm. I've been hit by my FPV Drone's props at full speed as I broke a cardinal rule of working on your drone and paid with some very deep cuts in my fingers. Luckily I didn't lose any fingers or parts of fingers, but could have very easily....

This isn't to say there are situations where "hand catching" is appropriate. I don't do it unless needed. I usually can find a flat spot to take-off/land on...

I'm not a big fan of hand catching any drone let alone "palm" catching my Spark where its balancing on your palm.
I never "palm" catch the spark but do a 5 finger grab catch instead. A technical palm catch would be risky as the spark could fall to either side after the motors power down.

Reactions: Sparkbart
Well, a non-palm land can be risky to.

My Spark just landed safely on grass. And then was mowed over by a lawn robot coming from behind at an amazing speed :(
Fortunately, no damage apart from cosmetic (battery took the hardest hit with mm-deep cut marks, one LED cover was snipped off, clipped on again).

Reactions: KNAVE
Well, a non-palm land can be risky to.

My Spark just landed safely on grass. And then was mowed over by a lawn robot coming from behind at an amazing speed :(
Fortunately, no damage apart from cosmetic (battery took the hardest hit with mm-deep cut marks, one LED cover was snipped off, clipped on again).
Robot Wars IRL!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme