Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

“Cannot take off”

davpmars

Join
Jun 11, 2018
Hello everyone

I took my drone to a friends house excited to show him what it could do only to find a “cannot take off” message. The message said that I was in class E restricted air space. Opening the app, I was not in any yellow or red circles.

How do I get around this?

I may have just found the answer to my own question. There is an Air Force Base about 6 miles away having an air show today and tomorrow. I was told by someone that works at the airport that the Air Force has shut down all of the air space temporarily.

Anyone ever experienced this?

I never seen a temporary restricted zone because of an air show it sounds reasonable. I get temporary red circles for bushfires or back burning operations on a app I have. DJI seems to have the same info as the app, the problem is DJI doesn’t have a display of no fly zones, their products just refuse to fly there. To avoid further disappointment download “Airmap for drones” & look for an app from your Aviation Authority.

I had this happen once with my Phantom. I moved approximately 10 feet away from original site and all was well. No real explanation???

I may have just found the answer to my own question. There is an Air Force Base about 6 miles away having an air show today and tomorrow. I was told by someone that works at the airport that the Air Force has shut down all of the air space temporarily.

Anyone ever experienced this?
Yes, I experienced the same thing during the Fort Lauderdale airshow. I was 1 1/2 me from the beach and I was prevented from taking off. Although I did get notification on the ship app that it was due to an airshow

I was stopped by a temporary airspace restriction in West Palm Beach - yep, the President was in town at Mar A Largo resort. Got around it by moving under a large metal roof for take off - metal roof blocks GPS signals, and once I was in the air I flew out from under the roof. Worked several times...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast