Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

1663feet out with spark, 15 satellites 65 % battery

Twesty

Join
Nov 30, 2018
Then suddenly, no signal message and lost connection notification. Pressed rth button then immediate message of timed out pressed again:, still timed out straight away. Panic starting to set in, then about 5 seconds later rth notification comes on and rth happens - landed and no problem since - anyone got antsy ideas? Thanks

Then suddenly, no signal message and lost connection notification. Pressed rth button then immediate message of timed out pressed again:, still timed out straight away. Panic starting to set in, then about 5 seconds later rth notification comes on and rth happens - landed and no problem since - anyone got antsy ideas? Thanks

Be very careful because if your drone get's lost DJI will not stand behind any part of it! I no this because I lost my drone I had there insurance I did everything right when mine disconnected at 983ft high and 1500ft away DJI look at my flight log there response was we are sorry for your lose and we are doing everything we can.. They said it was not my fault an they could not tell why it never came home but they will sale me a new one for 30% off! So in other word's there fail-safe return home and if it don't come home they will just sale you another one. With all the hype about how well the drone is made 16 min's of flight time if you buy there insurance it cover's if you brake a prop they don't send one you have to send your whole drone in to them and they will get the time to look at it replace your props then send the drone back. a long with you do not get 16 min's of flight the very most is 13 min's you may get a 14 minute flight but it's rare. I love flying the drone but if it should happen to you be ready for the let down some people will say if DJI find's that it's not your fault they give you another one? Not true I tried to use the insurance a few day's before Thanksgiving I did everything I was told to do and yet I never heard from them. Anyway sorry for the long letter but I want everyone to no what there in for... Take care and fly safe

Reactions: windryder
Chuck Halfacre, I had the opposite experience from you. Recently my spark decided to fly off on its own.
I contacted DJI support and they gave me the best service ever.
Asked me to upload my flight logs, which I did. I was then sent a brand new spark under their warranty , not insurance.
Only took two weeks all in.
Fantastic.

Reactions: Mrmund and Rodrigo
That's not what they offered me! They looked at my log went over the whole thing and said they're not sure why my drone flew off. But they are willing to give me another spark drone with 30% off the price. I know it had nothing to do with me as far as the fault I say that because I went over the log over and over and I did everything that was supposed to be done. But at the very end of the log it showed the Drone supposably went into return home but it never returned home. At the last of the video show the spark 982 ft and the sky and around 1500 ft away from me. It don't show that it landed it don't show nothing that was the end of the data so as far as getting a free Drone I'm not sure why they're not offering it to me. They want me to buy another drone with 30% off. To me that's just a big slap in the face to send me an offer something like that. As a DJI customer I have purchased I think everything there is for the spark drone I have. But no drone I have searched 4 days put flyers up and I have not heard anything from anyone about this drone in my area. To make being a disabled person and not much money I can't afford to buy another drone I bought the spark because I like RC aircraft cars helicopters and other stuff that I had purchased years before I got hurt overall the Drone was just easier for me to do and it got me out moving around and I was starting to feel good until the Drone got lost and it was like a death in the family to me. We'll see what day are going to do when they call me I hope they offer me one for free and not the 30% off the purchase price. Thank you for your reply I hope you have a great New Year take care

I'm new here so take this for what it's worth. Reading all of the posts about fly away's and DJI offering replacements, I've concluded the following. If the flight log data shows a definite error in the drone software, they will replace. However if the flight log data is incomplete or inconclusive and does not point to a definite error on DJI's part, they will not. Kind of sucks on the one hand but on the other, why should they take responsibility for something that may not be their fault. Offering a discount on a new Spark is a compromise to their customers.

I do understand what you're saying but when you're flying and the Drone disconnects and then comes up return home and it never returns home then that tells me there is an error in the software. If the software was working properly my drone would have returned home. It did other times but for some reason it did not this time. What I'm getting out of it still tells me the update that I got that morning has something to do why my drone never returned. Pretty cut-and-dry but yet DJI don't see it that way it's an easier way for them not to assume responsibility!

I've been paying attention to various posts about DJI refresh as well as other insurance options. Is there a reason folks use the DJI refresh versus say a personal article's policy through State Farm. There is a list floating around that lists local reps that will sell a no deductible policy through State Farm that will cover full replacement of your drone for like $51 a year. You don't have to provide logs or justify if it was your fault or the drone software. Seems like a much simpler and less expensive option to me - any other thoughts on this?

The Spark is a good little drone. But that's what it is a little drone. The Spark is not a professional drone. It is on the bottom rung of the ladder of drones. Only one step above the toy drones. It is not in the league of actual decent quality drones.

The Spark is a good little drone. But that's what it is a little drone. The Spark is not a professional drone. It is on the bottom rung of the ladder of drones. Only one step above the toy drones. It is not in the league of actual decent quality drones.

That was remarkably unhelpful. Are you having a bad day?

I've been paying attention to various posts about DJI refresh as well as other insurance options. Is there a reason folks use the DJI refresh versus say a personal article's policy through State Farm. There is a list floating around that lists local reps that will sell a no deductible policy through State Farm that will cover full replacement of your drone for like $51 a year. You don't have to provide logs or justify if it was your fault or the drone software. Seems like a much simpler and less expensive option to me - any other thoughts on this?
I had DJI Refresh, never used it and it expired at Christmas. I have an additional year now with the Refresh Plus. I live in Canada and as far as I know there are no insurance companies that offer coverage like State Farm does in the US so the Refesh plan is the best and only insurance available to me.

With the DJI Refresh packages, you are covered for accidental damage for a small fee AND as long as you can recover the drone. The important thing is to be aware of the limitations before purchasing the plan. When I fly over water for example, if my drone goes down it is unlikely I’d be able to recover it and unlikely Refresh would cover me. I am aware of this and willing to take the risk.

Chris

why do you ask if I'm having a bad day? I would have to say no not until I started dealing with DJI then my bad day went to a nightmare. Others can sit back and laugh at this about the whole thing that's going on with me as far as losing my drone. It's a matter of time before those who sit back and laugh about the way my drone flew off and how DJI pushes it under the carpet. Most people just brush it off and go buy another drone I don't have that advantage just to go buy another drone. The good part is the deception on what DJI says on their homepage full of deception so I'll use that to my advantage. You just lucked out but I don't get mad I just looked at it as a learning experience

why do you ask if I'm having a bad day? I would have to say no not until I started dealing with DJI then my bad day went to a nightmare. Others can sit back and laugh at this about the whole thing that's going on with me as far as losing my drone. It's a matter of time before those who sit back and laugh about the way my drone flew off and how DJI pushes it under the carpet. Most people just brush it off and go buy another drone I don't have that advantage just to go buy another drone. The good part is the deception on what DJI says on their homepage full of deception so I'll use that to my advantage. You just lucked out but I don't get mad I just looked at it as a learning experience

Sorry, Chuck, it wasn't you I was referring to with the "bad day" comment. It was Sp@rkyPilot55, who seems to be having some issues ...

It's not a big deal to me either. Anything on the internet that if someone takes personal then they need to one stay off the internet. 2 seek out help. 3 well I just don't have anything for 3 LOL no actually I do have one for 3 most of the time I'm just a total smartass and I know how to push people's buttons but I don't do that on here no sense in it. But thanks for the reply back

Reactions: Dodge DeBoulet
I had a very similar thing happen. Took a flight, went nearly 3200' away, no problem. Returned, no problem. Tried it a second time (with a fresh battery), this time my SIL also flew the same route with his Mavic Pro.

At about 2800' away, lost signal and connection. Tried RTH, and immediately got a "timed out, RTH failed" message. Tried several times, same message. Finally, regained connection and was able to fly it home manually.

Odd thing was that the first flight, AC was using 5.8, second flight was 2.4 (setting is auto). Only other difference was my SIL's Mavic flying nearby, but not sure if that was affecting the Spark, or if the 2.4 vs 5.8 frequency was the determining factor, or if it was all just coincidence.

A bit scary, though.

I had DJI Refresh, never used it and it expired at Christmas. I have an additional year now with the Refresh Plus. I live in Canada and as far as I know there are no insurance companies that offer coverage like State Farm does in the US so the Refesh plan is the best and only insurance available to me.

With the DJI Refresh packages, you are covered for accidental damage for a small fee AND as long as you can recover the drone. The important thing is to be aware of the limitations before purchasing the plan. When I fly over water for example, if my drone goes down it is unlikely I’d be able to recover it and unlikely Refresh would cover me. I am aware of this and willing to take the risk.

Chris

Gotcha - I wasn't thinking outside the United States (good point). For those of us in the USA, unless I'm missing something, the State Farm deal is much better than what DJI offers in $ cost and hassle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast