Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

1st Snow Fall in WNY

Oh boy. That looked cold and so impressive that pilot and aircraft braved it to share with us. See you were shooting at the junction of Lake Shore and Big Tree-busy and grey but very watchable. We are due a few flakes here on Thursday/Friday but it usually amounts to nothing. The trees at the end looked lovely. Well done.

Fantastic flying shawnski451. You had your Spark hustling out there for sure. Enjoyed the video but was nervous for you with 20MPH winds and all that water below. Nice job and thanks for sharing with us.

I hope you used a nice warm towel to dry your Spark and put it away safely...That is really a good, skillful, beautiful video in so many ways. Thanks for posting!
I know I'm a little late to comment here (spare time is a rare thing with 3 year old twins)... but yes, I dried the little monster off really good before putting it away. This was actually the last time I flew it. Hoping to put it in the air a little more in the up coming days.

A great little spark of life on a cold winter's day. The spark is a lot tougher than given credit for. It's a wee brute. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend. [emoji1063][emoji106][emoji869]
I couldn't agree more. I have a Mavic Air and I rarely put it through any kind of inclement weather. I've done it with the Spark a bunch of times in the past and I'm very confident it can handle the snow and some wind. I do stay out of rain tho.

Oh boy. That looked cold and so impressive that pilot and aircraft braved it to share with us. See you were shooting at the junction of Lake Shore and Big Tree-busy and grey but very watchable. We are due a few flakes here on Thursday/Friday but it usually amounts to nothing. The trees at the end looked lovely. Well done.
That's exactly where I was. I'm honestly not afraid to put the Spark up in those conditions... I mean, any more wind than that wouldn't be a good idea. I'm thinking about doing a re-shoot of the same video on a nice summer day.

Fantastic flying shawnski451. You had your Spark hustling out there for sure. Enjoyed the video but was nervous for you with 20MPH winds and all that water below. Nice job and thanks for sharing with us.
It actually handles the wind very well around 20mph... I've flown it in 25 mph winds before and that was a little dicey. Another thing, I never fly over water without a battery strap on it. Too many horror stories about batteries falling out to take that chance.

Very good advice re the battery strap over water. I was flying here over the Severn Estuary at Severn Beach a couple of years ago and the battery suddenly popped off at about 100ft. Luckily it was relatively close to shore and the tide was out (but it’s one of the biggest tide changes in the world here-12mtrs I think) so it is very muddy. Long story short battery lost but Spark heli-hovered down close enough to the rocky bank for me to fish her out with a specially adapted contraption-window cleaner pole plus metal coat hanger, and then spend the next 4 hours getting her washed and dried. Still flying happily and safely with strap today! I was very lucky.

Very good advice re the battery strap over water. I was flying here over the Severn Estuary at Severn Beach a couple of years ago and the battery suddenly popped off at about 100ft. Luckily it was relatively close to shore and the tide was out (but it’s one of the biggest tide changes in the world here-12mtrs I think) so it is very muddy. Long story short battery lost but Spark heli-hovered down close enough to the rocky bank for me to fish her out with a specially adapted contraption-window cleaner pole plus metal coat hanger, and then spend the next 4 hours getting her washed and dried. Still flying happily and safely with strap today! I was very lucky.
Wasnt it you that posted a video of you landing the spark on a beach that was across a bay from you...then you restarted the bird and flew home from the beach, super cool. I have yet to land in a different place than I took off from.

Wasnt it you that posted a video of you landing the spark on a beach that was across a bay from you...then you restarted the bird and flew home from the beach, super cool. I have yet to land in a different place than I took off from.
Wasn’t me. I would not have had the confidence then but perhaps I might these days as, with lockdown, I can’t get out much and risks are on the menu when I finally do get out!!

Wow! Where can I find that video? That would be awesome to see.

Yeah, I've heard way to many horror stories about that battery issue happening. It most certainly is a lesson that I don't need to be taught. I frequently fly over lake Erie ( as far as 1.5 miles) but never with out a strap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme