Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2.4 ghz versus 5.8 ghz

srcrain

Join
May 30, 2017
I had something very strange happen today. When I flew the Spark tethered to the micro-USB port (OTG method) the DJI GO 4 app locked my connection at 2.4 ghz. I wan't able to change anything as there was no option and it only said 2.4 ghz. To make things even more confusing when I was flying there were no bars on the wifi connection icon (see below). However, I was able to get it to about 1800 feet over water with no video break-up.

Next, when I re-started and connected over wifi I connected at 5.8 ghz but again there was no option to switch (even though the switch hasn't worked as it automatically switches back).

upload_2017-6-26_13-48-33.png

I forgot to take a screenshot of the 2.4 ghz being locked with no option to change.

upload_2017-6-26_13-49-4.png

upload_2017-6-26_13-49-34.png

The other interesting thing is when I tether my phone the DJI GO 4 app shows the icon for screen controls in the bottom left, but tapping it doesn't do anything.

I had the same thing with not having a choice on bands. It gave me a message about being in a different region. Shortly after it switched again and I had the 2.4 and 5.8 choices. Hasn't done it again. I've been told on another forum that it has to do with gps strength but it looks like you had a strong signal.

Hi !
I dont know if you guys are on iOS or Android but on Android the WiFI channel selcetion is indeed hidden if connecting via USB OTG. (which is bad as most Sparks lock to 5.8G which is almost always a bad idea).
Greetings,

Ender

Hi !
I dont know if you guys are on iOS or Android but on Android the WiFI channel selcetion is indeed hidden if connecting via USB OTG. (which is bad as most Sparks lock to 5.8G which is almost always a bad idea).
Greetings,

Ender
This was on a iPhone 6. When I was flying this weekend I had the option to switch bands (although it would always flip back to 5.8). But today there was no option, and more importantly I didn't get a signal strength read-out despite having a good enough connection to fly 1800 feet. Also weird was that in tethered mode it defaulted to 2.4 and wifi it defaulted to 5.8.

So we learn the guys at DJI manage to implement different Bugs on different Patforms.
Talented! ...NOT...

:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme