Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2 quick questions from a Spark Beginner

Join
Oct 24, 2017
Hi all,

I just bought and used for the first time, a brand new Spark

And I have not been able to find the answers to 3 questions to which would love to get your support.. please :)

1) I cannot seem to opt out of the Skypixel thingy... am I autouploading my feed to Skypixel, or not? I want my pics to remain private until I decide otherwise.

2) the videos and pics seem a bit low quality, eventhough I have a 64GB sd card installed. Not sure why. Would Inhave had to manually format the sd card prior to using it? Or can I set the required max resolution somewhere?

3) in the dji app, wifi only shows 2,4 ghz. Where do I active the auto band switch? Cannot find that option.

Thanks so much

Steve

Last edited:
1) You don't upload anything to Skypixel unless you manually submit your footage, as far as I know. Some random snapshots/thumbnail will sometimes, not always, be attached to your flight record.
2) Are you viewing them from your phone? Connect your Spark to your computer, and manually transfer the videos and images from the SD card (it works as an eexternal drive). In that way you make sure you got full quality.
3) You should see the 5.8ghz (which is default for me btw. iPhone 6, DJI Go4). Does your phone support 5.8ghz? (2.4ghz can potentially give you longer range than the 5.8ghz band)

I have the same issue, but have not had time to look into it. Things have been working well/perfectly with 2.4- always, so Im not sure what the change will do for me personally. I believe I saw a thread about this before on this site- it may be something that is awaiting a software update, but not positive on this, you might do a local search. I'll try to find it in a bit if you can't come across it. Good flying!

1) You don't upload anything to Skypixel unless you manually submit your footage, as far as I know. Some random snapshots/thumbnail will sometimes, not always, be attached to your flight record.
2) Are you viewing them from your phone? Connect your Spark to your computer, and manually transfer the videos and images from the SD card (it works as an eexternal drive). In that way you make sure you got full quality.
3) You should see the 5.8ghz (which is default for me btw. iPhone 6, DJI Go4). Does your phone support 5.8ghz? (2.4ghz can potentially give you longer range than the 5.8ghz band)

Hi

Thanks for your reply....
1) a bit spooky... but thanks ;-)
2) will do, I thought that the download from the drone onto my iPhone ensures full resolution. This does not seem the case then. And unlogical. But hey, I will try it via extraction from the sd card.
3) I do not... it only shows 2.4 ghz. But then it‘s at least the band with the furthest range.

Thanks

I have the same issue, but have not had time to look into it. Things have been working well/perfectly with 2.4- always, so Im not sure what the change will do for me personally. I believe I saw a thread about this before on this site- it may be something that is awaiting a software update, but not positive on this, you might do a local search. I'll try to find it in a bit if you can't come across it. Good flying!

Thanks... nope, didn‘t find it.

According to their support page, there is an „auto-mode“ for Ghz-switching. I was actually looking to see if it was switched on. But I don‘t even find a toggle for that

Thanks... nope, didn‘t find it.

According to their support page, there is an „auto-mode“ for Ghz-switching. I was actually looking to see if it was switched on. But I don‘t even find a toggle for that

How to change video link from 5.8ghz to 2.4ghz?

Above is a link to one thread on the dji spark forum. Mixed bag of responses, some maybe insightful and others just complaining. There are a few other related conversations that I saw by googling "lack of 5.0 ghz option on dji spark remote controller". Let me know if you find some more definitive answers. This issue aside, I have had 0 issues with the spark, and it keeps getting better each time I fly and each update that dji sends out. I have just started working with the Mavic Pro, and it seems to have the same quality but a lot more options and intricacies than the spark (which will always have a place with me and my flying plans). Best regards, Dave.

Sorry Steve, I meant to post one going from 2.4 to 5.0, but if you look at the other posts within this search, you will some some related discussions. Even in the thread link given above, there are some pertinent points for 2.4-5.0 ghz. Dave

Sorry Steve, I meant to post one going from 2.4 to 5.0, but if you look at the other posts within this search, you will some some related discussions. Even in the thread link given above, there are some pertinent points for 2.4-5.0 ghz. Dave

Thanks Dave

May I ask one more question outside of the wifi issue:

Would you recommend using an OTG cable instead of linking the RC via wifi to your phone?
Not sure if I need one...

Thanks yet again

Oh... and one for the road: does the Mavic too only provide full resolution pics if you extract direct from the SD card (vs app to phone)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena