Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A little after work flight - and first Litchi disconnect

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Was a a lovely day in the city today, so I stopped orn my way back from the office, returned to where I did my 5th flight, and ran a Litchi mission and used up the rest of one battery just spinning around, took some stills too. This is flight 115 and just over a year after flight 5!

This is not about the subject matter, though if you are curious, it is eastern Oakville, Ontario, Canada, I am in a very industrial area... Funny part of this was when I plotted the Litchi mission in the hub, I thought I had sufficient altitude to circle around the big pile of dirt they've been making there, except, when I arrived, I realized it was quite a lot larger than when Google sats photographed it. I was high enough, but I actually lost connection briefly, within about 300 meters... but the mound of dirt was too much for the wifi downlink... soooo.. that was my fist Litchi disconnect. I was quite relieved to see it come around the corner!

Was a a lovely day in the city today, so I stopped orn my way back from the office, returned to where I did my 5th flight, and ran a Litchi mission and used up the rest of one battery just spinning around, took some stills too. This is flight 115 and just over a year after flight 5!

This is not about the subject matter, though if you are curious, it is eastern Oakville, Ontario, Canada, I am in a very industrial area... Funny part of this was when I plotted the Litchi mission in the hub, I thought I had sufficient altitude to circle around the big pile of dirt they've been making there, except, when I arrived, I realized it was quite a lot larger than when Google sats photographed it. I was high enough, but I actually lost connection briefly, within about 300 meters... but the mound of dirt was too much for the wifi downlink... soooo.. that was my fist Litchi disconnect. I was quite relieved to see it come around the corner!

Oakville - Northern Ontario?? That’s Southern Ontario! I used to live and work in Moosonee and Kashechewan - now that’s Northern Ontario!

Chris

Oakville - Northern Ontario?? That’s Southern Ontario! I used to live and work in Moosonee and Kashechewan - now that’s Northern Ontario!

Ah, you dont know my double life. :p Home is near Mattawa, but during the week I work near Pearson Airport, and stay with family in Oakville. Your geogrpahy is spot on though! lol

I pass through Barrie twice a week, perhaps we should meet up and fly?

So, that flight had a little bit of pucker factor in it eh? ?
Well, just a little, it was all pretty close range... I might have got some muddy feet retrieving it (had that been the case). It definitely was a relief to see 'er comin' round the bend!

Ah, you dont know my double life. :p Home is near Mattawa, but during the week I work near Pearson Airport, and stay with family in Oakville. Your geogrpahy is spot on though! lol

I pass through Barrie twice a week, perhaps we should meet up and fly?

Grew up in North Bay and used to go skiing in Mattawa. I’m still a Northerner at heart. Beautiful area
Yes we should meet up sometime this summer.

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar