Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Accidental spilt a little bit of coke on my remote now it refuses to turn on it will charge but nothing else

Looks like you are going to have to purchase another one. Might as well pop it open snd have a glance. Like Kendallfordguy said, Coca cola is no good on electronic products.

You might open it up and wash it out with distilled water then use a blow dryer on low heat to start the drying process. Then I would suggest placing the parts in a bag along with some rice to absorb the remaining moisture. I would leave it in the bag for a few days at least then clean out any rice that gets inside and reassemble it and give it a try. The cola creates a very sticky film as you know and that has probably shorted out some of the electronics. This washing out with distilled water should remove the cola residue but will not leave any mineral deposits. Using a good brand of electronics cleaning spray would increase the cleaning process quite a bit too. Just don't use a cleaner spray that has a lubricant in it. Good luck on this if you should decide to try it and post your results also too so we will know if it fixed your remote. And I am curious as to why you posted this in the "Classifieds" section and not the general discussion section.

You might open it up and wash it out with distilled water then use a blow dryer on low heat to start the drying process. Then I would suggest placing the parts in a bag along with some rice to absorb the remaining moisture. I would leave it in the bag for a few days at least then clean out any rice that gets inside and reassemble it and give it a try. The cola creates a very sticky film as you know and that has probably shorted out some of the electronics. This washing out with distilled water should remove the cola residue but will not leave any mineral deposits. Using a good brand of electronics cleaning spray would increase the cleaning process quite a bit too. Just don't use a cleaner spray that has a lubricant in it. Good luck on this if you should decide to try it and post your results also too so we will know if it fixed your remote. And I am curious as to why you posted this in the "Classifieds" section and not the general discussion section.
Sorry kind of new here but I'll give it a try

Reactions: Chris50zae
Sorry kind of new here but I'll give it a try
Just take your time. It can't hurt anything to try. Take pictures with your phone as you go so you don't forget what goes where when you are putting it back together. Store any screws or parts safely and label them if needed. DO NOT force any parts apart and only disassemble what is needed to get to the areas where the cola seeped in. You may not need to disassemble a lot of things to get the job done. A can of "Canned Air" like used to clean computer keyboards can help remove the water after you wash the cola off. It is available anywhere that sells computer accessories. Like I said, take your time, go slow and take pictures. I am a seasoned technician and I still do that if I am dealing with something new and different. Again , good luck and let us know how it goes for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh