Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

any way to keep 2.4 instead of 5.8

NRRTRAINS

Join
Jul 25, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
is there any way to keep 2.4 instead of 5.8 .for my Spark , i know my RC plane TX use 2.4 and where i fly everyone uses TX's that use 2.4 .
my Spark always locks onto 5.8 . does the camera use 2.4 or 5.8 . in my Yuneec 500 4 k uses 2.4 for the quade and 5.8 for the camera .
thank you

pmshop:

This generates another question; can you change frequencies in flight? Or do you need to do it on the ground before you take off?

Do you know if the aircraft uses a different frequency for the telemetry than it does for the video feed? Or is it the same link?

pmshop:

This generates another question; can you change frequencies in flight? Or do you need to do it on the ground before you take off?

Do you know if the aircraft uses a different frequency for the telemetry than it does for the video feed? Or is it the same link?

Only on higher models.
Higher than the Mavic Air at least.
Spark and MA must change channels on the ground.

I was shown how to do this at the DJI Photo Academy:

Have no idea about the data streams for telemetry and video.

I've had the same problem since I got my 3rd Spark. I sent it back where dji replaced main board. The problem persisted, though I could connect at 2.4 manually, which I prefer not to do. The ac now has a whole slew of additional problems, prompting dji to replace main board and all sensors. Hopefully things willbe better when I get it back, though I suspect the inability to connect automatically at 2.4GHz will persist. Judging from the number of posts here from people with similar problems I'm guessing this is the result of some change dji has made to the firm or soft ware.

if i change to 2.4 how long will it stay in the RC or DJI GO 4 APP . or do i have to set it every time i send my spark up .
thank you

Should be the same I see, I am always in 5.8 whenever I boot up.
You should see 2.4 every time.

For others reading this, this will NOT work if you are stuck with CE Tx mode.

When you start up, it scans the frequencies. It will prefer 2.4 for better propagation, but if there is a lot of noise in the 2.4 band, it will go to the 5.8 band. These days, there is usually a lot of noise in the 2.4 band.

When you start up, it scans the frequencies. It will prefer 2.4 for better propagation, but if there is a lot of noise in the 2.4 band, it will go to the 5.8 band. These days, there is usually a lot of noise in the 2.4 band.

* unless you select custom.
There it will stay with what you select, even channel number.

The Photo academy suggested to add that to your pre-flight check list...check for radio interference and adjust accordingly.

I've seen video/screencast of Spark jumping bands mid-air.
It will jump between "cleanest" channels on respective bands.

In the Spark community it has has been a wish to set it to a certain band, for example 2.4 Ghz band, and do channel jumping in that range.
This is not possible on Spark, but I've read it's possible on larger dji models.

To my knowledge, Spark use same channel for both quad and camera.... at least same band.
Two band is 1 for Device-RC and 1 for RC-AC.
OTG cable will certainly free some resources.

* unless you select custom.
There it will stay with what you select, even channel number.

The Photo academy suggested to add that to your pre-flight check list...check for radio interference and adjust accordingly.

I haven't actually figured out how to adjust it in GO4.

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
is there any way to keep 2.4 instead of 5.8 .for my Spark , i know my RC plane TX use 2.4 and where i fly everyone uses TX's that use 2.4 .
my Spark always locks onto 5.8 . does the camera use 2.4 or 5.8 . in my Yuneec 500 4 k uses 2.4 for the quade and 5.8 for the camera .
thank you
on the spark you can hit custom and choose the channel and it stays there when you restart the drone say a week later... what really gets me is they didnt include freq hopping on these so 2.4 you have to be careful with...

I haven't actually figured out how to adjust it in GO4.
go to the wifi signal thing in settings its 3 bars upper right corner when the app is running when you see the video and map screen press that then press the icon that looks like wifi then find the word custom and choose your freq make sure the channel is good though

it wont ever choose 2.4 every time i leave mine on auto it chooses 5.8 and the same one... 147 i think

go to the wifi signal thing in settings its 3 bars upper right corner when the app is running when you see the video and map screen press that then press the icon that looks like wifi then find the word custom and choose your freq make sure the channel is good though

I've been poking all around the channel graph. I'll try it again having read this. Thanks. I don't trust Phoebe very far away, though since changing the phone, she has been pretty trouble free, though I have a way of getting her into trouble
71.gif

your drone is a her? lol dont think of it as a her or him its a machine.. dungnnn dunnnn dunn dun <<terminator theme.. yea the sparks are troublesome.. they really just said how can we make more money and bring in people who cant afford drones ahh the spark lets just give them the bare min and what ever problems happen toss them under a buss lol

I named her Phoebe. If it was a he, it would be Malachi or somesuch. If it was an it, it would be *#(^$ THING!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme