Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Apple Convert - Sort Of

FatherXmas

Join
May 31, 2017
Loc
Mentone, Alabama
Years ago my employer gave me an iPhone for company business and I hated it.. So much that I gave it back to them and used my personal phone (still do) and swore I'd NEVER own an Apple device. When I first got my Mavic, I was using a Samsung tablet and the video was horrible. A friend let me use his iPad and it worked great, so I bought a Mini 4. Now that I've ordered a Spark, I just bought a second mini 4 to use with the Spark since I want to let family members fly it while I fly the Mavic. I may even consider buying an iPhone now.

Exact same here. I have always avoided Apple products but I admit I ended up getting a small ipod to listen to audiobooks when I went on a 1200 mile hike last year. Initially I used an Nvidia K1 Shield which was okay but not easy to see in the sun and then with all the issues with the DJI Go App and Nougat I ended up getting the iPad mini 4. It is absolutely wonderful, can see it in the sunlight and has performed flawlessly. So much, in fact, I just ordered another one for my Spark. The first one I use with my Mavic. I have no regrets making the transition as I want something that is reliable.

We all get mad at Apple at some point. I've been off the reservation or should I say away from the walled garden a few times. I loved the first iPhone. Then I got frustrated with Apple's lack of innovation, so went to Palm. I loved the features of the Palm Pre phone with wireless charging, multiple windows you could slide into view and slide away, and all the features iPhone has now after they lured those guys away from Palm and bought the patents. Competition is good, but I'm settled into Apple's cloud for now.

Yeah, bought an iPad mini for using with my P3. It does work better for that, smoother, more reliable. At the time, the Nexus 7 was discontinued, and all other Android tablets that folks said we're good cost as much as the iPad, so just to save hassle, bought the iPad.

But, its not better for anything else. Hate the interface, hate it's bloated overuse of data, crappy autocorrect, and lack of customization. Still an Android guy.

I use my Google Pixel XL phone on my spark and it's great! Haven't had the Go4 app crash yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme