Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Are you using a "Battery strap" to secure the battery?

Just wondering how can a discussion involving a simple rubber to hold the battery from going loose ended up in a comparison with a $100 million aircraft. Thats what I really love about forums and discussions. [emoji23]
I know some people are so negative.
You can clearly see how the ring or strap hold the battery in place but people are still making videos and saying you must have did something wrong because mine clips in good and “I never lost one so it’s impossible and DJI designed it to not fall out so I’m grumpy and constipated ?.
Just try to be positive. And Always hang loose ?.

I use a promotional rubber band for that, you only need to slip down and up both sides to replace the battery.
Another pro i find with this sistem against the plastic clip Is that if you ever have a hard landing the battery probably wont be released and you may receive GPS positioning until it fully drain.

tapatalk_1553652527329.jpeg

O-ring ftw!

8jzH37ih.jpg

my wife thinks it's pretty ridiculous.

My wife thinks so too, I just remind her that R.P.A. are cheaper than wives, I can have more than one and not be condemned by society, I can pick up another one any time and want to, and while it may not be able to cook I can fly the Inspire down the road and pick up a Pizza anytime I like :p

Reactions: Andre Levite
I use a promotional rubber band for that, you only need to slip down and up both sides to replace the battery.

As of two minutes ago my daughters have just donated two each to the cause ... they were wearing too anyway. Trust in G-d ..... everything else gets it's battery secured.

Regards
Ari

No strap needed , rather strap your mind to check how battery has been clipped into position, when correctly inserted spark battery is firm and stays put

Agreed. Proper pre-flight inspection of your aircraft should include condition of battery (clips & springs) and confirmation of complete insertion and lock.

"Clips are for kids"
~ Orville Wright

Agreed. Proper pre-flight inspection of your aircraft should include condition of battery (clips & springs) and confirmation of complete insertion and lock.

This is true and as a commercial pilot I have in place and use extensive check lists however, with our aircraft being unmanned we have no way of confirming that something that is the case on take off with be the case after 5 minutes of heavy turbulence or aerobatic exuberance.

For the cost of a couple of O rings I can put up with the extra 10 seconds added to my pre flight and avoid the hike to my insurance premiums if something did go pear shaped.

Regards
Ari

Reactions: BossOlive
You know, for the past week, I've had the appetite for Onion Rings lately and I can't figure out why.

It doesn't matter what size.?

Reactions: BossOlive
It doesn't matter what size

I believe #141s with an OD of 2.5" are the most tasty. They appear to be the preferred diet of Sparks at any rate lol

As the title reads, are you using any kind of aftermarket / third party battery strap to secure the battery in place?

If so, do you have a link to which one?
Hello this is mine Cost £6.98 from Amazon only thing is you can't use prop guards with it on. Still brilliant addition.1553955143609.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme