Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Are you using a "Battery strap" to secure the battery?

Agreed. Proper pre-flight inspection of your aircraft should include condition of battery (clips & springs) and confirmation of complete insertion and lock.

"Clips are for kids"
~ Orville Wright

Seatbelts used to be a suggestion too.
People should just learn to drive better ??

Last edited:
I use these same clips, for 2 of them the price is good for the safety of the battery not falling out. They snap on and off easy and have broke one yet.
I just received these clips. They seem a little stiff to snap on. Haven't flown with them yet .

BonFook 2 Packs Battery Strap Non Slip Anti Drop Stripping Fixator Lock Securing Tie Compatible DJI Spark Amazon.com: BonFook 2 Packs Battery Strap Non Slip Anti Drop Stripping Fixator Lock Securing Tie Compatible DJI Spark: Toys & Games

View attachment 9286

Seatbelts used to be a suggestion too.
People should just learn to drive better.
Ignorance is Bliss....

You can tell when a topic is maxed out and the thread is dead when people resort to name-calling instead of furthering the discussion.

After all there are only two options..
a) use a strap and don't worry about your battery falling out
b) don't use a strap and don't worry about your battery falling out

Do as you wish. But name-calling?

You can tell when a topic is maxed out and the thread is dead when people resort to name-calling instead of furthering the discussion.

Do as you wish. But name-calling?

You are absolutely right.
Breath in and Breath out.
I forget sometimes.
[emoji2960]

Reactions: Andre Levite
As the title reads, are you using any kind of aftermarket / third party battery strap to secure the battery in place?

If so, do you have a link to which one?
I saw a YouTube from a guy who shows how to properly remove a battery to keep from stripping the tabs that keep the battery in place. Saw it right when I acquired my Spark.

So I follow his guidance and my batteries snap in place (seemingly) securely. I have felt comfortable with that except for what I read about battery bombs in this forum.

That said, I don’t see/read enough information to indicate cause: design flaw-easy-failure, or operator error.

But I do hear your warnings, and I’m struck by an apparent need to buy a product to secure a battery for a little drone. It’s little! How about a rubber band? Tape?

Bottom line, I don’t want to lose a battery either. I just think we need to determine a cause while pondering remedies. Cheers!

no, the options are:

(a) use a strap and don't worry about the battery falling out, because it can't.
(b) don't use a strap and hope the battery doesn't fall out. worrying about it is optional.

Reactions: Andre Levite
no, the options are:

(a) use a strap and don't worry about the battery falling out, because it can't.
(b) don't use a strap and hope the battery doesn't fall out. worrying about it is optional.

Worrying is always optional. It has no effect on the outcome.

Same results whether you worry or not so I've always considered worrying a waste of mental energy :D

Last edited:
Reactions: McCloudSpark
the difference being that worrying beforehand grants the ability to do something about it, rather than regret in hindsight.

people who worry tend not to be those that regret.

the difference being that worrying beforehand grants the ability to do something about it, rather than regret in hindsight.

people who worry tend not to be those that regret.

Regret is an EVEN BIGGER WASTE of mental energy...

Regret and worry are a vicious cycle cycle.

If you can eliminate them you can better focus on the task at hand. Regret is merely worry in hindsight and just as pointless.

Ultimately guys, its your spark, do what u like with it so long it is flightworthy and does not cause any danger or inconvenience to you and/or the member of public. Happy flying guys. [emoji3]

Reactions: Dodge DeBoulet
I don't use any strap. I don't understand why would I use it?

because you don't want your battery falling out mid-flight, destroying the aircraft. the clip eliminates the possibility, be it from batteries with the old clip, worn clips, an incorrectly seated battery, clips bumped during handling etc.

it's like wearing a seatbelt in your car. legalities aside, it's smart because if you ever need it, it's too late to start thinking about it then.

Reactions: Haggi
smart people learn from their mistakes. even smarter people learn from the mistakes of others, without needing to make them themselves.

The biggest problem with a thread titled "Are you using a "Battery strap" to secure the battery?" is that it sucks more and more people into the quagmire of using clips or o-rings although they might have never experienced such issues themselves. Of course it is good to learn from your own mistakes and even smarter to learn from others' mistakes but to worry or panic about every issue reported in these forums is certainly not advisable. Are there any clips or rather harnesses to prevent the Spark from flying away? What about a backup compass which prevents the Spark from going into Atti-mode in the event of the typical yaw/compass error? Having said that, one has to admit that an o-ring or clip is inexpensive in comparison to the great damage a falling battery can cause and with new cases still coming up, the battery dropping-out issue is definitely not a myth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chasm98

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef