Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Atti mode after 15 seconds. Compass error. Does not hold a position

Alisa_Flyyy

Join
Oct 12, 2019
Hello to all forum participants. Help me please. I am a wedding videographer. I was in the hospital for about a month. I have 2 drones.(spark and mav 2 pro) While I was in the hospital, my husband ruined both drones. I do not know what he did, but the compass error and atti mode are now always on. He says he did not touch the drones, he did not drop them. He simply put it on a shelf in a warm garage. Help me, give advice.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Alisa_Flyyy.

I'm sure you have tried to calibrate the compass on both aircraft.

I don't own one of these but it seems to resolve the compass error issues.

Cfixer

A hobby store may have one to use or purchase and return it within 30 days for a refund if it doesn't work for you.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

If both drones are giving you the same compass error my best guess is they were stored or came in contact with something magnetic.
If after calibration you are still getting the same error use the Cfixer as Spark317 suggested. Please post back with your results as it may help someone in the future.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Alisa_Flyyy.

I'm sure you have tried to calibrate the compass on both aircraft.

I don't own one of these but it seems to resolve the compass error issues.

Cfixer

A hobby store may have one to use or purchase and return it within 30 days for a refund if it doesn't work for you.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?
A good idea. This device helped my drone

Before tracking down a demagnetizer, I would try calibrating the IMU. That may solve the issues and it’s free. IMU calibration is easy to overlook, especially when there isn’t a message or reminder like there is for compass calibration. In my experience, the only sign the IMU needs calibration is when there is the dreaded IMU/Compass/GPS error message during a flight. My Spark didn’t even prompt me to do a IMU calibration during initial setup when it was brand new.

Let us know if that works or if the demagnetizer is what’s needed. By giving an update, it may help future people when they search for a fix.

He says he did nothing other than put them on a shelf...you say "he ruined them".

My advice? Perhaps work on your marriage; particularly the trust issue. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe