Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass error after storage in a cold car.

Noran_85

Join
Feb 12, 2019
Loc
Norway
Hey. Accidentally forgot the drone in the trunk of the car. He lay there for 2 days (the temperature outside was -5 degrees). Today I launched a drone - immediately after takeoff, a compass error appears and the drone goes into atti mode. What happened? How to fix it?

I would recommend you do a calbration well away from any structures, electronics, any metallic objects (even your belt buckle and watch). Even better if you have someone with you, you can get them to run the calibration command at a distance and then you follow their directions on moving according to the app.... I do this with the wife once in a while. She likes to tell me what to do anyway, so it works out fine! :rolleyes::p

I would recommend you do a calbration well away from any structures, electronics, any metallic objects (even your belt buckle and watch). Even better if you have someone with you, you can get them to run the calibration command at a distance and then you follow their directions on moving according to the app.... I do this with the wife once in a while. She likes to tell me what to do anyway, so it works out fine! :rolleyes::p
Cool when the wife understands your hobby. Tomorrow afternoon I will try to do this with my wife.

I did it. It didn't help. Problem still exists. What else can I do to solve my problem?

How many satellites do you have before taking off?
My spark has gone into atti mode before when I took off before acquiring satellites.

How many satellites do you have before taking off?
My spark has gone into atti mode before when I took off before acquiring satellites.
Once you power on the AC, let is sit on a level surface or landing pad till the top of the Go4 app shows "Ready to Go (GPS)". I think this appears once the AC has acquired 9~10 satellites and usually takes about 1 or 2 mins. So be patient and do not take off if "No Positioning (Atti)" is displayed.

Once you power on the AC, let is sit on a level surface or landing pad till the top of the Go4 app shows "Ready to Go (GPS)". I think this appears once the AC has acquired 9~10 satellites and usually takes about 1 or 2 mins. So be patient and do not take off if "No Positioning (Atti)" is displayed.
I always wait for takeoff resolution (10-12 satellites) The problem is not my impatience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex