Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Auto pilot is it worth the 30.00??

ccolt1

Join
Nov 27, 2017
just curious if it is worth the 30.00 for the autopilot program and how well does it work? Does it cache the video like dji4 app? Thanks

BETA testing the latest versions I can definitely say it turns the Spark into a better quadcopter. Just my opinion and it is BETA software I am testing, however, it works very well with the Spark. You can sign up on their site to test the BETA if you would like to try before buying. I am just not sure how they go about accepting testers though, but they accepted me after a few days. The other thing you will realize using AutoPilot is that if you can do so much with a Spark, the DJI software is really dumbed down to make sure you do not buy a Spark if you want a Mavic.

Autopilot works very well with the Spark. Depends of course what you want to do with it

you will realize using AutoPilot is that if you can do so much with a Spark, the DJI software is really dumbed down to make sure you do not buy a Spark if you want a Mavic.

Please give a specific example. I'm very curious about this.

The Spark is more a selfie drone. Although it works fine, the Mavic is much more responsive to Autopilot then the Spark

Please give a specific example. I'm very curious about this.

In testing the AutoPilot App, you see just how much the DJI Go App is simplified. I understand that DJI will never provide advanced features in the Go app for the Spark. The AutoPilot App is super feature rich with a learning curve that most people will not be happy with because it will take time to learn everything in this app. I watched the videos and read the guide and I've focused on waypoints so far and did one zipline of my house in our neighborhood. I did not have any issues doing those things so far. I am not sure what is the difference between the current version and the BETA version in TestFlight. I am also using Apple IOS BETA firmware 11.2.5 from my Dev account and providing Feedback to the AutoPilot Devs. Obviously I fully expect to have issues at some point testing BETA software, but I am also testing on an iPad mini with the standard firmware and so far no issues there either. I will definitely report back once I start finding issues but here is one issue to note so far:

1). Do not use an OTG cable, use wifi with AutoPilot. The recent update from DJI says "Weak transmission Signal" and seems not so responsive with AutoPilot. A few times it just hovered and nothing happened. It only worked 1 out of 3 times thats not a good success rate IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccolt1
I bought it about 3 months ago. I have yet to successfully use it. That may be me. There is a lot of documentation, but it really feels like they skip a couple of key steps. The Spark was never its intended platform... the site and videos are heavily focused on the bigger DJI drones.

Reactions: ccolt1
I am not sure what is the difference between the current version and the BETA version in TestFlight. I am also using Apple IOS BETA firmware 11.2.5 from my Dev account and providing Feedback to the AutoPilot Devs. Obviously I fully expect to have issues at some point testing BETA software, but I am also testing on an iPad mini with the standard firmware and so far no issues there either.
The big difference between the beta and the regular version are for now internal builds. The last versions had to do with waypoint settings. And issues for mission control. Not something immortals like us use on a daily basis. My opinion is that Hangar beta's are safe. Never issues unless you have a proper iOS device.

Reactions: scoobi and ccolt1
The big difference between the beta and the regular version are for now internal builds. The last versions had to do with waypoint settings. And issues for mission control. Not something immortals like us use on a daily basis. My opinion is that Hangar beta's are safe. Never issues unless you have a proper iOS device.

I thought the name looked familiar. I saw one of your videos about the Spark not liking AutoPilot while doing research on YouTube. Is it possible things have changed somewhat since then? I am now your 100th subscriber!

Thanks, I've just claimed my private URL.
Anyway.... it took a while before I had the Spark doing what I wanted to do. There is a procedure to follow.
Most important thing is to first start DJI GO4, wait to you have have signal (the iPhone needs to parse with the RC and drone). Then you can close the DJI app and start Autopilot. Then you can fly without a problem

Reactions: ccolt1 and Junebug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast