Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Skyler King

Join
Jun 17, 2017
I have a Spark with Controller. Bad feed from a/c to my iPhone 7Plus attached to controller...HUGE latency and sometime blackout....I'm within 15 feet of A/C. Any ideas?

I have a Spark with Controller. Bad feed from a/c to my iPhone 7Plus attached to controller...HUGE latency and sometime blackout....I'm within 15 feet of A/C. Any ideas?
Yes try using a OTG cable between RC & phone

Are you using DJI Go v 4.1.2? Mine had terrible lag until I updated (AC and RC firmware was up to date). Also, turn off Bluetooth on your phone. If you have an Apple Watch, turn off Bluetooth there too.

DJI Go doesn't tell you to update the app when it does firmware version checks.

I would just use a male to male micro usb, that's what the OTG cables are. (Or for apple a male to male lightning to micro usb)
They're a bit rare and rather limited in their choices but it'll be what I use till DJI decides to allow an option to boost the wifi signal strength coming from the controller...

Would anyone know how to do that without DJI's help?
And anyone else think that would void a warranty or nah?
My thoughts are it's a setting in the software of the controller itself, restricting the output of the signal coming from the controller, and could be up-scaled like a router at home possibly? Maybe???
Or would it be a more hardware type problem of just a weak antenna?

I would just use a male to male micro usb, that's what the OTG cables are. (Or for apple a male to male lightning to micro usb)

Couldn't you use a more common mini usb OTG adapter and your lightning usb cable?
5186f4qcW-L._AC_US218_.jpg

Couldn't you use a more common mini usb OTG adapter and your lightning usb cable?
5186f4qcW-L._AC_US218_.jpg
That'd work for a Lightning cable, less cord mess though with the 1 cable and no attachments (for m-usb)
Only my cup of soup though! Everyone can choose their flavors thankfully :D

I have an android smartphone. However I had also more than HUGE latency (sometimes more than 10 seconds... => useless).
By using an Iphone, from a friend, not the same issue.
At the end, I've checked under my smartphone settings.
=> I've disable the auto update of the applications when in WiFi mode & I've also disable the auto check of OS update in WiFi mode.
=> Then it was far better (not as good as with my friend's Iphone but clearly I was more confident to fly using my smartphone, and not only looking at my Spark).
=> Other topics recommend to first be in plane mode then to activate only WiFi (same ideas as to deactivate bluetooth & so on). However in that case, I'd recommand to download first the map of your location to have it in "offline mode").

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme