Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery help info please.

Gavieboydgi

Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 3, 2018
Flying my spark tonight and checked the battery stats while I was flying can someone tell me if this battery is ok two of the cells seem the same and cell 3 is totally lower number? Thanks Screenshot_20180908-002912.jpg

The 3rd cell deviation is somewhat concerning, but not yet catastrophic. Are you getting the warning prompt when you open the DJI app? Ideally, all three cells should drain at the same pace during flight. If/when one cell deviates quicker than the others, you’re asking for trouble. This could potentially lead to a cell failure mid-flight, which would result in the aircraft falling out of the sky. I’d definitely keep a very close eye on it. I had the same problem 2 years ago with a Phantom, and returned the battery to DJI. Being that it was still under warranty, they replaced it without any questions.

The 3rd cell deviation is somewhat concerning, but not yet catastrophic. Are you getting the warning prompt when you open the DJI app? Ideally, all three cells should drain at the same pace during flight. If/when one cell deviates quicker than the others, you’re asking for trouble. This could potentially lead to a cell failure mid-flight, which would result in the aircraft falling out of the sky. I’d definitely keep a very close eye on it. I had the same problem 2 years ago with a Phantom, and returned the battery to DJI. Being that it was still under warranty, they replaced it without any questions.
Thanks I will just replace it it's had quite a lot of flights on it anyway about 80 I think I'll have to check. I have 4 batteries all together the first one that came with the drone is surprisingly still good with about 120 flights on it.
How long is dji warranty with batteries?
Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry I don't get no warnings in dji go app about my battery

I think it will only show a warning if the voltage difference between any two cells are over 0.1v - definitely keep an eye on this one though

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
I would of thought I'd be best to just stop using it really it isn't worth my spark just dropping out of the sky. Or will it be warn me and slowly land it?

I might keep an eye on it, but 0.06v difference (only 1.5%) is nothing that would concern me yet; it seems that 3% (.1v) or higher is a problem. It may just be that particular cell is wired closest to the contacts so it sees the drain slightly faster. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes, and check it again; it may very well even out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavieboydgi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar