Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best setting in ICE for horizontal panorama shots?

Greekislandlover

Join
Feb 4, 2019
I'm having a great time with panorama shots from Sparky, and find the ICE program is good for making hi res images. I'm using the 9 images horizontal mode most. The bit where I am uncertain is what setting to use for correcting the image. I am trying several settings and rolling the image round to see which appears best. So far it's probably the cylindrical setting. Just wondering what setting others find best to use.

Including this picture I took by accident. I was driving to a job and just happened to be here at the moment the clouds parted to allow early morning sun on the castle. Jammed the van into a space in the village square, set up Sparky in the churchyard and took him high and got this shot. In the couple of minutes after I took this the clouds had closed and it was raining again. I've done nothing to the shot other than stitch it together with ICE and crop it.

The Location is Corfe Castle in the south of England.

corfe crop.jpg

Stunning light you captured in that one. Excellent. I've played around with ICE but dont find anything other than the defaults all that useful. But to be honest, I have not given it my undivided attention. I usually tweak its output in an image editor later. I have a pano to process... thanks for the reminder :cool:

I used to play around with different projections but I've found that ICE appears to automatically select the best suited projection based on the content. Not sure how it does it but I generally go with what it suggests.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers