Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Better case than stock?

Blue Baron

Join
Jul 22, 2017
Loc
EU
I've seen many threads about cases for the Spark. However, somehow all available options I could find miss the point, IMHO.

The shoulder bag which comes with the Fly More combo is awesome. It is just 24 x 18 x 9 cm and weights just 330 g. All other bags I could find are way bigger and heavier, incl. the Freewell one. Or they don't fit the controller.

I've seen reviews where the reviewers were confused what to do with the Fly More bag: e.g., they tried to put the plastic box with Spark into the bag. That's nonsense of course. Actually, the Fly More bag has two battery pouches, a Spark and a smaller RC compartment. I fit my Spark, RC with modified antennas, four batteries and a six filter ND pack into it, with no problems.

Only problem: I'd like to put my Spark horizontally rather than shift it vertically into the bag.

Is there any such solution which doesn't destroy Spark's great portability?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071WGR3S2/ I have this one and it's excellent. The upper lid has a surprisingly large amount of space in the zipped compartment. More than enough room for another battery or three, prop guards, the 3-wide battery charger panel, memory cards, and more.

The most impressive part of it to me is the build quality. It's extremely well built and the materials are excellent.

Reactions: 1px0ff
Don't want to hijack the thread - but, I like to take my cameras out when flying. Doesn't anyone have any suggestions for a backpack that will fit my Spark, Lumix GH5, a couple of lenses, and my GoPro in?

Doesn't anyone have any suggestions for a backpack that will fit my Spark, Lumix GH5, a couple of lenses, and my GoPro in?
Check out the backpacks that I have marked as "customizable" here.

Both bags mentioned above are twice as big as the bag which comes stock. Bad option if portability is a prime concern.

I am looking for a bag of the same size and weight, only opening like a case.

Here is the camera bag I use, Its light weight and in side I place the spark in the box it came in along with the controller with stick protection. Also I have 6 x batteries in three fire proof lipo battery bags. There's room for my dedicated s6 plus old phone for spark only. There is also side and rear storage should I need it

Attachments

• 20170923_133219.jpg
    20170923_133219.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 59
  • 20170923_133233.jpg
    20170923_133233.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 57
  • 20170923_133322.jpg
    20170923_133322.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • 20170923_133400.jpg
    20170923_133400.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53

Attachments

• IMG_3798.JPG
    IMG_3798.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3799.JPG
    IMG_3799.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3801.JPG
    IMG_3801.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3802.JPG
    IMG_3802.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3804.JPG
    IMG_3804.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 58
I've seen many threads about cases for the Spark. However, somehow all available options I could find miss the point, IMHO.

The shoulder bag which comes with the Fly More combo is awesome. It is just 24 x 18 x 9 cm and weights just 330 g. All other bags I could find are way bigger and heavier, incl. the Freewell one. Or they don't fit the controller.

I've seen reviews where the reviewers were confused what to do with the Fly More bag: e.g., they tried to put the plastic box with Spark into the bag. That's nonsense of course. Actually, the Fly More bag has two battery pouches, a Spark and a smaller RC compartment. I fit my Spark, RC with modified antennas, four batteries and a six filter ND pack into it, with no problems.

Only problem: I'd like to put my Spark horizontally rather than shift it vertically into the bag.

Is there any such solution which doesn't destroy Spark's great portability?

Many options on Aliexpress. For what you are looking for, may need to compromise and use a separate RC case along with a compact drone case.

No bag mentioned so far compares to the small bag which comes stock.
If I want to compromise, I just stay stock ...

I agree that the fly more bag is likely the most compact, but it also offers very little protection to the drone. Plus it is cumbersome to get the drone in and out, either props catching on everything. I prefer the polarPro XL as it is still compact but adds more protection, and easier to use out in the field. All personal preference and differences in needs I guess

Reactions: Tom Nied
PGY Hardshell wateproof case for SPARK is great. I got one for my Mavic and wait the Spark version to be available in the local store. I am in Melbourne and bought from saychobbies.com.au

I agree that the fly more bag is likely the most compact, but it also offers very little protection to the drone. Plus it is cumbersome to get the drone in and out
Well, little Sparky is much more robust than it actually looks. Falls out of the sky and still flies ... ;) Initially, I was worried too, propellers look delicate. But they are not, gimbal is the most fragile part and can be covered by a protector. The rest of the drone is built like a tank ...

That's my point exactly ... Spark is a bit cumbersome to get out of the Fly more bag. But all after-market offers for the fly more combo way overdo it with the protection. That's why I created this thread.

Dear after-market companies: Just make a small bag for the fly-more combo, ideally allowing to stuff the RC with smartphone inserted. I need to be able to change locations quickly as Spark is so easily deployed.

Hint to DJI: allow RC, smartphone AND craft to be powered on and connected via a single push onto a carry-on shell's button. That would be awesome ...

Well, little Sparky is much more robust than it actually looks. Falls out of the sky and still flies ... ;) Initially, I was worried too, propellers look delicate. But they are not, gimbal is the most fragile part and can be covered by a protector. The rest of the drone is built like a tank ...

That's my point exactly ... Spark is a bit cumbersome to get out of the Fly more bag. But all after-market offers for the fly more combo way overdo it with the protection. That's why I created this thread.

Dear after-market companies: Just make a small bag for the fly-more combo, ideally allowing to stuff the RC with smartphone inserted. I need to be able to change locations quickly as Spark is so easily deployed.

Hint to DJI: allow RC, smartphone AND craft to be powered on and connected via a single push onto a carry-on shell's button. That would be awesome ...

I agree about the props. Tough little buggers.

You might be onto something with the charging case.

They have luggage available for traveling with USB ports to charge phones,etc.

Why not put a charging brick in the case already wired to charge everything once the gear is docked in the case.

Hmmm??:rolleyes:

I like this case a lot: DJI Spark Case - XL

It holds the entire fly more kit and is really thin. I can slide it into nearly any bag no problem.

I like this case a lot: DJI Spark Case - XL

It holds the entire fly more kit and is really thin. I can slide it into nearly any bag no problem.

I just got this case to replace the DJI case that came with my fly more kit. The DJI Spark case is a disaster waiting to happen, with cramming the Spark in on its side.

I like how the Spark XL case opens up flat making it easy to get at everything. Once closed up, it all fits easily in a backpack.

Reactions: 1px0ff
Why not put a charging brick in the case already wired to charge everything once the gear is docked in the case.
At the initial press conference, a charging travelling case was shown, charging the Spark on the go. This is what the four contacts on the Spark's/battery's bottom are meant for ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena