Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cache

TrooperDrone

Join
Oct 1, 2017
I’m looking for more information about how the cache works. I had some super choppy footage today and so I went ahead and deleted the cache and formatted my SD card. Not sure if that was why or not, I had perfect signal according to the top of my iPad screen and I was also in 5.8GHz and I tried connecting via OTG as well as no OTG.

So I noticed a setting was turned on and it said something about “cache while recording” should that be on and what will it do if I turn it off?

Cache is the video stream. It gets recorded in 720p onto your smartphone/device. The cached video is very compressed and grainy. The video you want to use to edit/upload is the one in the spark/aircraft.

Reactions: TrooperDrone
The cached video can be very useful to retrieve a lost Spark as it will be the last moment it was linked and you can replay it and could give you extra indication to the flight record you get in any case.

The cached video can be very useful to retrieve a lost Spark as it will be the last moment it was linked and you can replay it and could give you extra indication to the flight record you get in any case.
Only if you hit the record button..

I noticed a setting was turned on and it said something about “cache while recording” should that be on and what will it do if I turn it off?
If using a slower mobile device, turning off that setting will sometimes fix choppiness in the live view in DJI GO. It will not affect the footage recorded on the Spark's memory card though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar