Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cached Videos in Litchi

Roger S

Join
Apr 6, 2018
I just flew a waypoint mission with Litchi for the first time. I must be a pretty bad pilot as the video feed I saw while flying was waaay smoother than what I get flying manually with dji Go. I set Litchi to auto record video as I try to record every flight. If I was recording when I lost my first Spark 5-6 months ago I would have probably found it by watching the cached video on the mobile device. From what I gather Litchi doesn't record video on the mobile device. If so this is a real problem. Besides helping to find a lost drone, it's nice to have the audio with voice info from the app and pilot narration to edit into video saved to the AC SD card. Somebody on one of the forums mentioned that Litchi has a screen recorder. What's the story here?

Screen recorder is for iOS only...for now.
It is under the mode selection (waypoint, follow, orbit, Etc...)
Just poked through my iPhone and confirmed...Litchi does not cache the video nor "hides it" somewhere else.

Bummer. So much for auto record. It won't do much good on a lost drone. Thanks

I am pretty sure litchi caches the video to the device. At least on iOS if that is the question. My drone is in repair or I would check before I speak out of turn. It is in the settings and there is a video I did on litchi on my phone that I did not download from the SD card. If that is what you are asking....

9534C090-B461-4316-82F0-E53F38511A3B.png

I am pretty sure litchi caches the video to the device. At least on iOS if that is the question. My drone is in repair or I would check before I speak out of turn. It is in the settings and there is a video I did on litchi on my phone that I did not download from the SD card. If that is what you are asking....

View attachment 7109

I'm using Android and it and I don't see anything that looks like that on either the Settings (gear icon) at top right of main screen or the settings under the record button. I recently used a screen recorder app which is nice 'cause you get the telemetry info etc, but it's kind of a pain and easy to forget.
View attachment 7109

I got the following from Litchi support:
"We hope to add it in a future update. "
I think dji and their partners favor apples over droids.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast