Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Camera drift

NickGU

Join
Jan 22, 2019
Hi,

I noticed when flying my spark that the camera yaws to the right. I assumed it was the drone so re calibrated everything and it didn't fix it.

I then noticed that it is actually the camera, with the drone on the ground, propellers not spinning, the camera drifts to the left. The spark gimbal doesn't have yaw stabilization so it must be the digital image stabilization?

Has anyone experienced this and got any ideas how to fix it? Software related?

Hi,

I noticed when flying my spark that the camera yaws to the right. I assumed it was the drone so re calibrated everything and it didn't fix it.

I then noticed that it is actually the camera, with the drone on the ground, propellers not spinning, the camera drifts to the left. The spark gimbal doesn't have yaw stabilization so it must be the digital image stabilization?

Has anyone experienced this and got any ideas how to fix it? Software related?

You can try to refresh your firmware through DJI Assistant 2
Other than that, it would be a DJI service item.

I have seen it before but only when I am getting a home point set on the ground.

If I remember correctly, others has spotted this while drone is on the ground/table.
When in the air, it should not be an issue...
It can be really difficult to fly Sparky perfectly straight :)

I have the same issue. The image feed moves/drifts. It will drift a bit and then stop. I usually have to correct the view by rotating the aircraft. Quite annoying, especially if you try to line up for a shot. So if anyone has a fix for this I will also appreciate it!

I think this is a normal behaviour of the electronic image stabilization.
Also read this somewhere. It is a bit annoying though. I had taken some photos which were out of focus and I am suspecting that it might be because I took the photo while the image was still being 'stabilized'. Is this possible?

Also read this somewhere. It is a bit annoying though. I had taken some photos which were out of focus and I am suspecting that it might be because I took the photo while the image was still being 'stabilized'. Is this possible?
Yes it's possible.
Stabilization is a little slow, and can make some photos look blurred.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme