Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Camera Forward / Down Creep?

dmorcos

Join
Jun 6, 2019
I have been messing around with the spark for a few days now. I feel very comfortable with it and its features.

I did however notice tonight while playing with the controller (getting familiar with screen/controller) that when I use the custom button on the front lower side of the controller to raise or lower the camera that it creeps i.e., when going from pointed down to forward, it will point forward and then slowly lower the aim point by a few degrees before it comes to a full stop. The opposite is also true.

Is this normal behavior?

I have been messing around with the spark for a few days now. I feel very comfortable with it and its features.

I did however notice tonight while playing with the controller (getting familiar with screen/controller) that when I use the custom button on the front lower side of the controller to raise or lower the camera that it creeps i.e., when going from pointed down to forward, it will point forward and then slowly lower the aim point by a few degrees before it comes to a full stop. The opposite is also true.

Is this normal behavior?
You need to go into the settings for the gimbal and adjust the speed at which it responds.

Gimbal speed is set slow (10). That is not my issue. The speed in which the camera switches position from froward to down when using the button on the controller is not governed by the gimbal speed setting. It switches positions fast, but once on target (if you will) it will creep down or up depending on position

take a look at this short clip it should help explain what I am seeing

No one knows if this is normal?
It happens to me too. My original Spark (the one I bought) never had this issue. I saw this happening on my 2nd Spark (after I crashed by 1st Spark and got a replacement through DJI Care Refresh). So ya, that's not something normal. However, I don't find this much of an issue since I never use the gimbal up/down in between shots and secondly, I have found that if I press the gimbal up/down button 3~4 times in quick succession, the problem ceases to appear.

Last edited:
Reactions: djmatt
No one knows if this is normal?

Ah geez, I forgot to respond yesterday after some flights to say it's not normal.

In fact, it's sort of creepy.?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme