Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can’t connect spark to I phone

Bentron

Join
Oct 16, 2018
Hi, I’m from Geraldton Western Australia and I can’t connect wifi from my spark to my I phone. I have no trouble connecting from the controller to my phone so I can fly and use my phone to see so it’s not a big problem but I would like to be able connect straight from the spark to my phone mainly to download footage.

Whenever I try and connect straight to my I phone it just says - can’t connect to the server.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a way around it.

I have contacted DJI Help but have not got a response yet.

Thanks

Footage downloaded from the Spark to your phone is stored in the DJI Go app in the Editor tab under the "Albums" heading. This occurs automatically as long as you have Video Cache enabled in the app Settings (and a sufficient amount of storage space allocated). This is low quality 720 footage. It often has digital artifact making it unsuitable for editing and sharing.

The preferred footage is on the Spark's SD card because it's hard wired to the camera and 1080 resolution. You can remove card from aircraft and insert in computer to use the editing software of your choice.

If you don't have a computer then use the adapter below. It allows you to download the full HD quality footage from the card directly to your iPhone (or iPad) for editing or sharing.

I use this one from Apple:
https://amzn.to/2CU6j4b

The cheap knockoffs didn't work and were returned

Footage downloaded from the Spark to your phone is stored in the DJI Go app in the Editor tab under the "Albums" heading. This occurs automatically as long as you have Video Cache enabled in the app Settings (and a sufficient amount of storage space allocated). This is low quality 720 footage. It often has digital artifact making it unsuitable for editing and sharing.

The preferred footage is on the Spark's SD card because it's hard wired to the camera and 1080 resolution. You can remove card from aircraft and insert in computer to use the editing software of your choice.

If you don't have a computer then use the adapter below. It allows you to download the full HD quality footage from the card directly to your iPhone (or iPad) for editing or sharing.

I use this one from Apple:
https://amzn.to/2CU6j4b

The cheap knockoffs didn't work and were returned

That's the same one I use, then edit with the iMovie app.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Did you manage to come right with this? I also can only connect via the controller and not via the phone. I would like to be able to only use the phone as the controller to minimize the size when traveling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe