Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can I use my same Registration number for new spark?

jlh96

Join
Feb 1, 2019
I bought a new replacement. How do I switch my registration number to use with the new one?

As the registration includes the serial number, I don't think you can change the registration since it's done on a per-UAV basis. You'll need to pony up another US$5 to register the replacement.

I bought a new replacement. How do I switch my registration number to use with the new one?
Are you referring to an FAA registration number? If so, you can use the same number if you registered under Section 336 since that type of registration is not tied to a specific aircraft. If you registered under Part 107, you'll need to register again here.

As the registration includes the serial number, I don't think you can change the registration since it's done on a per-UAV basis. You'll need to pony up another US$5 to register the replacement.

In the U.S. the registration number is assigned to the pilot and not the aircraft (under Section 336). You can use the same FAA registration number on each aircraft you fly.

Reactions: shegeek72
In the U.S. the registration number is assigned to the pilot and not the aircraft (under Section 336). You can use the same FAA registration number on each aircraft you fly.

Current regulations state all uas must be registered if over .55 lbs. it is the aircraft you are registering, so no. You need to spend the $5 and register your uas. I had a replacement from DJI and it has a different serial number. A pilots registration is Part 107. I’m not familiar with 333. That predates my time flying.

Current regulations state all uas must be registered if over .55 lbs. it is the aircraft you are registering, so no. You need to spend the $5 and register your uas. I had a replacement from DJI and it has a different serial number. A pilots registration is Part 107. I’m not familiar with 333. That predates my time flying.

If you admit that your aren't at all familiar with the topic why are you attempting to answer it?!? Just muddying the water with misinformation.

Two different types of registration:

Part 107 pro pilots must register each drone with the FAA. Section 336 hobbyist pilots use one registration number for all of their drones. All the info is on the FAA's DroneZone registration pages.

Reactions: AirCam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena