Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can not connect to RC with OTG cable!

Unfortunately I think i've identified my problem : my A5 does not support OTG !!! This is a hardware issue and I ve found this info on the net... shall I buy a new phone ????

Unfortunately I think i've identified my problem : my A5 does not support OTG !!! This is a hardware issue and I ve found this info on the net... shall I buy a new phone ????
No sure you need the support of OTG on your phone, it is the RC that need to support OTG. Your phone is not the OTG host and work just like if it is connected to a computer.
The OTG adapter should be connected to the RC.
Before buying a new phone, can you not try with somebody else phone ?

Hi guy's,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, yeah I know a bit old, but it does the job :) I have a problem connecting my phone to the RC via the OTG cable. I can connect a mouse, keyboard, USB pen etc but not the RC. I have tried everything and followed videos etc and nothing! Can someone help me with this issue, has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
Freakyfreak
Hi, I have a Galaxy Note 4 which works with the OTG cable but is a bit too big to fit in the RC phone holder clamps. So I thought I'd use my old S4... Works with wifi but like yours, will not work with OTG cable. It must be too old?

Hi, I have a Galaxy Note 4 which works with the OTG cable but is a bit too big to fit in the RC phone holder clamps. So I thought I'd use my old S4... Works with wifi but like yours, will not work with OTG cable. It must be too old?

Mine connected now and then. I have a Oneplus 5 now and it connects first time every time.

Reactions: Harlequin66
I can't get the RC to connect to my S4 either.
S4 does support OTG but possibly the OTG driver or version of Android (4.1) is too old.
I have it working fine on my ipad mini although I don't see much benefit from it as the ipad works fine on wifi too.
I've got a new phone coming this week (Huwaei P8) which supports OTG so I'll report back on whether it works or not.

My new phone came today, Huwaei P8, and I can confirm it works great with OTG.
Recognised the device as soon as I plugged the cable in and associated it with the Dji Go app.
Nice big 5.2" screen too, nice and bright and easy to see outside.
A bargain at £100, second hand but in mint condition.
Note that this is the P8 and not the P8 Lite which does not support OTG.

I have tried Samsung Galaxy A5 2016. It recognized RC via OTG cable once, but never again. Now I have got Huawei P10 Light. It works perfectly with OTG.

This is odd. For months I was able to connect. Not sure if the last IOS update or DJI’s update. Months ago I bought a micro-USB type C to lightening. I use my iPad mini 4. Used to connect every time. Today I followed the correct sequences. had my iPad in airplane mode. Still wont connect. Do I need to get the OTG adapter?

I hooked mine up this morning just to see and it worked.
I do have an OTG adapter that I plug my lightning cable into.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot6521