Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cannot read memory card

Wolf

Join
Aug 4, 2017
I have had my Spark for some weeks now and have been downloading both fotos and films from the spark without problem.

Today I cannot access the memory card, it says that no memory card is found and the film/foto is saved only on the phone.

I have restarted. I have removed and inserted the card again. Nothing happens. Cannot reformat the card since it sais that there is no card. On vacation, no computer available to check the card.

What can I do?

I have had my Spark for some weeks now and have been downloading both fotos and films from the spark without problem.

Today I cannot access the memory card, it says that no memory card is found and the film/foto is saved only on the phone.

I have restarted. I have removed and inserted the card again. Nothing happens. Cannot reformat the card since it sais that there is no card. On vacation, no computer available to check the card.

What can I do?

Might sound like a dumb question, but are you inserting it correctly into the Spark?

Buy another one at some local phtographic shop ? Then check the card when back home.
If there is no memory card or it is full, you can still record on your mobile but it will be lower resolution Pic 1024x768 (yes, poor) and videos 1280x720, video will be affected by radio transmission. The shutter icon show a phone on it in such case. I checked just the photos as they come to the phone and it works. The videos must be downloaded using the app EDITOR function on main page.
So it is only a last chance backup solution.

Might sound like a dumb question, but are you inserting it correctly into the Spark?

No dumb question, Thanks for responding.

I never remove the card, download foto/film via cabel or network connection, and it worked fine, so the card is correctly inserted. I have removed and inserted the card after the problem started to see if this would help, but no differens.

Buy another one at some local phtographic shop ? Then check the card when back home.
If there is no memory card or it is full, you can still record on your mobile but it will be lower resolution Pic 1024x768 (yes, poor) and videos 1280x720, video will be affected by radio transmission. The shutter icon show a phone on it in such case. I checked just the photos as they come to the phone and it works. The videos must be downloaded using the app EDITOR function on main page.
So it is only a last chance backup solution.

I guess that is a solution, hope the problem is with the card and not with the Spark.

Cards are soooo overpriced at these typical holiday resorts, but I don't want to miss the beautiful film/photo oppertunities and have a full weeks vacation left before going home ... I am kind of a photo nerd so I want that full resolution, guess I'll have try a new card.

Are you using android or iOS? for both you can have a card reader that will read the sd card straight to the phone.
The iOS one is more expensive at around 30$, the android ones can be as cheap as 5$.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef