Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Channel switching

skipper420

Join
Jan 6, 2019
I would like ability to use 2.4 or 5.8 but have no way, that i can see, to be able to switch from one mode to the other. Any input appreciated Screenshot_20190821-113513.jpeg

Oops. ?

Always do your choice of band and/or channel without OTG, connect via WIFI!
Sorry for the bad quality here, its and older video of mine:

Just learned something, when using otg cable it stays in 5.8 and cannot be moved to custom but when connected via wifi it gives option of switching between the twomupon reconnect of wifi. I set it to ch 3 reconnected wifi and noticed on the signal icon 2.4 displayed but then 5.8 then back to 2.4 etc. I think i will stick with otg, my max distance so far is 2670 feet with great video feed.

Always do your choice of band and/or channel without OTG, connect via WIFI!
Sorry for the bad quality here, its and older video of mine:

Thanks Haggi, will try and have go. Will see what happens...

But still I’m not 100% sure when changed to 2.4g is that between the RC and the Spark (to get to long range)???OR between the RC and the phone???

As I’m using iPad mini4 OR sometimes my iPhone X

Just learned something, when using otg cable it stays in 5.8 and cannot be moved to custom but when connected via wifi it gives option of switching between the twomupon reconnect of wifi. I set it to ch 3 reconnected wifi and noticed on the signal icon 2.4 displayed but then 5.8 then back to 2.4 etc. I think i will stick with otg, my max distance so far is 2670 feet with great video feed.
Thanks Skipper for the info as I always used the OTG cable and only saw the 5.8g stuck there all the time on my face.
But I’m sort of getting conflicting advice whether to use the OTG cable for better range and stability not losing the connection if something goes wrong AND yet they say WiFi 2.4g is good steady long signal!!!

Thanks Haggi, will try and have go. Will see what happens...

But still I’m not 100% sure when changed to 2.4g is that between the RC and the Spark (to get to long range)???OR between the RC and the phone???

As I’m using iPad mini4 OR sometimes my iPhone X
The indicated 2.4 Ghz or 5.8 Ghz in your Go 4 app is the RC-AC connection. RC- Device will use the band that's left.
If you decide to use cable between RC-Device, both bands can be used.
Spark can change band mid-flight, but not jump channels.

The indicated 2.4 Ghz or 5.8 Ghz in your Go 4 app is the RC-AC connection. RC- Device will use the band that's left.
If you decide to use cable between RC-Device, both bands can be used.
Spark can change band mid-flight, but not jump channels.
Great ? nice to know ..,thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis