Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Charging batteries from the MicroUSB port on the charging station

Scottalmas

Join
Mar 11, 2019
I know that the MicroUSB port on the battery charging station is for firmware updates. My question is can it also be used to charge the batteries? I have misplaced the AC brick that plugs into the charging station and am wondering if this is an option to use the station to charge batteries?

Thank you for your replies.

The Charging Station manual mentions nothing about using the firmware update port for charging. I guess someone has to try it to see if it works.

I know that the MicroUSB port on the battery charging station is for firmware updates. My question is can it also be used to charge the batteries? I have misplaced the AC brick that plugs into the charging station and am wondering if this is an option to use the station to charge batteries?

Are you asking if you can power the charging station through the micro USB port in order to charge your batteries in the station bays? If so, a USB port (on a PC or a wall wart) can only output 5 V and 900 mA for USB 3, 500 mA for USB 2. The charging station needs 13.0 V at about 3.8 Amps.

Reactions: nilanjan118

That “ac brick” is actually a stepdown transformer. It decreases 120v from a wall outlet to the 13v the charging hub requires. You can’t just backfeed the micro USB port with power from a simple cable and phone style “wall wart” (or computer) — it’s the wrong voltage.

The microUSB on the charging hub is data only. For firmware updates that have never happened.

You can probably find a replacement for your lost brick on eBay if you look up the specs from DJI’s site. I’ve done the same with lost chargers for speakers and such

Last edited:
Reactions: twickers14
Thank you. I am just hoping I didn't do any damage to the hub by plugging it into a wall wort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe