Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Charging the battery using the quad contacts?

Here is a link to a battery guide video.

It is a 50 minute in depth care video for your Spark batteries.

I started the video around 39 minutes and he will be talking about the contacts and how they work.

Enjoy....

Last edited:
I've seen a few of his videos but not a hover video.

Also of interest... the contacts on the bottom of the battery are always hot and I suspect they bypass the "intelligent" of the battery and are just connected right to the internal battery pack.

Makes me a little nervous seeing those hot pads exposed like that... you definitely don't want to toss that battery in your pocket with your car keys! (the ~6 pin connector on the other hand is much less likely be contacted by something as thick as car keys, and isn't providing power while the battery is "off") I'm tempted to tape them over as a precaution as they serve no purpose if you don't have the charge station.

And I'm waiting for DJI to come out with a charge landing pad mode or something that enables the Spark to home in on and "dock" with its charger and sit there and top off its batteries automagically. Maybe not terribly practical, but definitely cool, a bit like how the roombas etc go dock and charge themselves. They've got the "precision landing" thing working (sort of?) so this may be in the cards.

Great point!! Was thinking the exact same thing myself. Would be great to be able to have these guys self-dock & charge (in a safe-charging environment of course) and it looks like the fundamentals of the hardware are here, just lacking something (such as automatic mechanism for the bar that creates pressure for the charging contacts.
Something tells me this may not be implemented for liability reasons... although Roomba et al certainly worked it out without much of an issue...can't be too much for dji..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef