Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass calibration- an idea for dji

dropro

Join
Jun 12, 2017
before my first flight with the spark, it wanted me to calibrate the compass. Had done it in the past multiple times on the phantom 2, 3 and 4 so I thought no biggie.... but it is a biggie because I had to dig for the setting. Dji had changed the app interface since last time I had done a compass calibration, and boy was I surprised how many clicks I needed to find it.

This is especially surprising for a device that is supposed to be for use by a large audience.

Here is my recommendation for dji: when that red message scrolls on the top left of the screen that compass needs to be calibrated, make a click on the message get you directly to the compass calibration page. How easy is that?

You click on that area just to the right of the dji logo on the top left of the phone screen?

They need to correct it too. The second rotation shows the mavic on its side in the dji go app

before my first flight with the spark, it wanted me to calibrate the compass. Had done it in the past multiple times on the phantom 2, 3 and 4 so I thought no biggie.... but it is a biggie because I had to dig for the setting. Dji had changed the app interface since last time I had done a compass calibration, and boy was I surprised how many clicks I needed to find it.

This is especially surprising for a device that is supposed to be for use by a large audience.

Here is my recommendation for dji: when that red message scrolls on the top left of the screen that compass needs to be calibrated, make a click on the message get you directly to the compass calibration page. How easy is that?
I hope I'm wrong but I think a lot of the first time drone owners who are appealed by the Spark and therefore get one probably won't worry about calibrating the compass even if prompted. Again, I hope I'm wrong but I think the Spark will appeal to all the wannabes.

I hope I'm wrong but I think a lot of the first time drone owners who are appealed by the Spark and therefore get one probably won't worry about calibrating the compass even if prompted. Again, I hope I'm wrong but I think the Spark will appeal to all the wannabes.
Which is why they have to fix this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme