Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

connecting remote

Join
Jan 2, 2018
Hi I am just learning and have a couple quick questions. When getting ready to go out for first flight I have read that you should put phone on airplane mode. If I do that doesn't that turn off wifi and if so how will it connect to the remote controller. Another question I had was if I decide to use my Ipad mini 2 without cellular will I still see a map of any kind on the screen. Thanks

On most phones you can turn the WiFi on when in airplane mode.
You won’t see a map without cellular.

What kind of phone are you using?

Hi I am just learning and have a couple quick questions. When getting ready to go out for first flight I have read that you should put phone on airplane mode. If I do that doesn't that turn off wifi and if so how will it connect to the remote controller. Another question I had was if I decide to use my Ipad mini 2 without cellular will I still see a map of any kind on the screen. Thanks
you won't see a map with no cellular. turn on airplane mode then manually turn on wifi.

I am just trying to get things right because I crashed mine on second flight and had to send for repairs. It worked fine first time but second time after getting about 60 feet up above me it took off quickly and hit a tree and after looking at flight logs it showed it had a weak gps signal even after it told me it was ok to take off.

I had read that you can download maps before leaving home on wifi is this sufficient for flying the drone or am i taking a chance . The ipad mini is much easier to see for me as my eyes arent the best anymore.

I had read that you can download maps before leaving home on wifi is this sufficient for flying the drone or am i taking a chance
Yes, it's okay to cache the maps in DJI GO before you head out to fly. See this post for more details on how to cache the maps.

Reactions: alex_hidrobo
I am just trying to get things right because I crashed mine on second flight and had to send for repairs. It worked fine first time but second time after getting about 60 feet up above me it took off quickly and hit a tree and after looking at flight logs it showed it had a weak gps signal even after it told me it was ok to take off.
How many satellite did you see on your screen before the crash?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar